+-- William Hinshaw | ?-1699 +-- John Hinshaw ----+ | c1660->1768 | | +-- Elizabeth - | John Hinshaw --------+ B: 1724 | D: 1783 | +-- Dorothy Lennox M: Rebecca Wethereld +-- Thomas Hinshaw, 1764-1822 +-- Martha Hinshaw,
|John Hinshaw     [ID 00915]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 1724, Grange, Parish of Clanfekil, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.a,b
He married Rebecca Wethereld, 1-21-1744, Ballyhagen, County Armagh, Northern Ireland (recorded Rich Hill MM, County Armagh, Ireland).30,39,41,b,c,d    (Mar 21 1745, new calendar).    (Rebecca Wetherald)41    (Rebecca Wetherld)105    Rebecca, daughter of William + Sarah Wethereld, was born about 1731, Mulladry, Parish Kilmore, County Armagh, Northern Ireland.a,43,e
John was from Grange, Parish of Clanfekil, County Tyrone, and Rebecca was from Mulladry, Parish Kilmore, County Armagh.    William Hinshaw, Margaret Hinshaw, and others signed their marriage certificate.39
John was from Grange, parish of Clonfeacle, County Tyrone, and Rebecca was from Mulladry, parish of Kilmore, County Armagh.    Their marriage certificate was witnessed by Mary Wetherld, William Hinshaw, and Margaret Hinshaw.105
There are some hints that John's son Thomas was not actually the son of Rebecca Wethereld, but rather was the illegitimate son of John Hinshaw and Rebecca's younger sister, Martha Wethereld.    Thomas was raised in Ireland by Martha Wethereld (daughter of William & Sarah Wethereld) and her husband, Stephen Johnson.    Thomas and Martha (Wethereld) Johnson were both received in North Carolina on certificates of the same date from Ireland.65
Rebecca died 4-17-1783, Rich Hill MM, County Armagh, Ireland.f
John Hinshaw died 6-26-1783, Rich Hill MM, County Armagh, Ireland.f,30,b
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
39. Manuscript titled "Thomas Hinshaw 'The Little Irish Weaver' And Others" by John E. Hinshaw, Urban-Side-On-The-East, Emporia, Kansas, 1911.
41. A letter written July 5, 1941 by William Wade Hinshaw to Winford C. Hinshaw describing Hinshaw ancestry - submitted by Fontella Hinshaw.
43. A handwritten document titled "Hinshaws - Early Chatham Co. & Cane Creek Quaker Meeting", by William C. & Nolan Moran.
65. "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw" by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw), in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
105. A Search Report commissioned from the Ulster Historical Foundation based upon records in the Public Records Office of Norther Ireland.
(a) GEDCOM file h5142.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(b) Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
(c) Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: Grange MM Hinshaw notes
from George Chapman of Grange, in the family papers of Seth B. Hinshaw.
(d) Rich Hill MM marriage register, Religious Society of Friends;
Ireland Yearly Meeting Historical Committee; LDS microfilm #571397 item 5.
(e) GEDCOM file f1701.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(f) Rich Hill MM death register, Religious Society of Friends; book 1, pg 142
Ireland Yearly Meeting Historical Committee; LDS microfilm #571397 item 6.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]