┌── Daniel Handshoe
┌── David Hanshaw ─────┤
│ 1822-1900 │
│ └── Mary Magdaline Fehler
Susan A. Hanshaw ───┤
B: 1843 │
D: 1902 │
└── Catherine Kunkle
M: John Wagoner
Susan A. Hanshaw [ID 09427]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Susan A. Hanshaw1,2,3,4 [Susanah Hanshaw5].
Born Jun - 1843, Perry County, Pennsylvania.1,2,3,4,6 (c1842).5
She married John Wagoner1 [John Wagner5, John Wagnor7], 18631, Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania1. John was born about 1825, Prussia.5
Katie Wagner, born Sep 1874, Wyoming Territory; married Frank J. Knoble, c1897 (children: Charles F. and Agnes H. Knoble).
John served as a private in the U.S. Cavalry from 1859 till his death in 1881.1
Susan and John were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 2 1870), Fort D.A. Russell, Laramie County, Wyoming Territory:5
Wagner, John, age 45, born in Prussia; parents foreign-born; occupation: "sold cavly" [soldier, cavalry].
Wagner, Susanah, age 28, born in Pennsylvania; laundress.
Susan and daughter were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4 1880), Carondelet Township, St. Louis County, Missouri:6
Wagner, Susan, age 37, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; married; keeping house.
Wagner, Katie, daughter, age 6, born in Wyoming Territory; father born in Prussia; mother born in Pennsylvania; attended school.
John died Jul 18 1881, buried Section 63, Site 11478, Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri.1,7,8
On Jan 12 1882 Susan A. Wagner applied for a pension as widow of John Wagner, veteran of [..unclear..] Cav.9
Susan was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 2 1900), living with the family of daughter Katie at 1642 Fulton Street, Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Missouri:4
Wagner, Susan A., head-of-household, age 56, born June 1843 in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; widow; 2 children, 1 living; rented home.
Knoble, Frank J., son-in-law, age 24, born Mar 1876 in Pennsylvania; parents born in Germany; married 3 years; occupation: day laborer.
Knoble, Katie, daughter, age 25, born Sept 1874 in Wyoming; father born in Germany; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 3 years; 3 children, 2 living.
Knoble, Charles F., nephew [sic], age 2, born Feb 1898 in Pennsylvania; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Wyoming.
Knoble, Agnes H., niece [sic], age 4 months, born Jan 1900 in Pennsylvania; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Wyoming.
Susan A. Hanshaw died 1902, Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.1
- Posting Sep 5 2003 by Larry Heiney () to the Wagner message board:
- 1850 census, North Middleton Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania; roll M432-772, page 52, line #35, family #303.
- 1860 census, New Kingstown P.O., East Pennsboro Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania; roll M653-1101, page 219, line #4, dwelling #930, family #997.
- 1900 census, 6th Ward, Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania; roll T623-1402, ED 60, page 4B, line #84, dwelling #88, family #91.
- 1870 census, Cheyenne P.O., Fort D.A. Russell, Laramie County, Wyoming Territory; roll M593-1748, page 440, line #33, dwelling #58, family #58.
- 1880 census, Carondelet Township, St. Louis County, Missouri; roll T9-715, ED 170, page 5A, line #34, dwelling #66, family #69.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, National Cemetery Administration, Nationwide Gravesite Locator:
- U.S. Veterans Cemeteries, ca.1800-2006; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Civil War Pension Index: General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]