┌── Elkannah Hinshaw
┌── Joseph Warren Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1867-1955 │
│ └── Nancy Melinda Ginn
Mable Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1891 │
└── Emma Ellsworth
M: Mathias Peters
M: - Farmer
Mable Hinshaw [ID 09481]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Mable Hinshaw1,2 [Mabel Hinshaw3,4, Florence Hinshaw5].
Born Mar 3 1891, Indiana.1,2,4,6,7
She married Mathias Peters, Nov 24 1908, Madison County, Indiana.1,8 Mathias was born Jun 11 1885, Germany.1,2,8 (Jun 11 1887).6,9,10,11
Lucile Peters, born Sep 2 1909, Madison County, Indiana; died Aug 18 1989, buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Toledo, Ohio; married Clyde Robinson (child: Thomas Robinson).
Joseph T. Peters, born Jul 21 1911, Indiana; died Nov 24 1998, Ohio; married 1) Jane --; 2) Ruth E. Fisher, Jun 1 1946 (child: Gary Lynn Peters, born Apr 29 1950, email: ).
Mabel and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 25 1910), Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana:2
Peters, Mathias, head-of-household, age 24, born in Germany; parents born in Germany; immigrated 1889, naturalized; first marriage, married 1 year; occupation: driver, moving van; rented home.
Peters, Mable, wife, age 19, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 1 year; occupation: housework.
Peters, Lucille, daughter, age 7 months, born in Indiana; father born in Germany; mother born in Indiana.
On Jun 5 1917 Mathias Peters, age 30, registered for the World War I draft in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio. He declared he was born June 11 1887 in Storberg [unclear], Prussia, Germany and was then residing at 3029 Monroe [apparently in Toledo] where he was married with two children, employed by the Petersburg Plate Glass Co. of Toledo. He was recorded as 5'7" tall, 140 lbs., gray eyes, brown hair.9
Mabel and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 24 1920), 3017 Monroe Street, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio:6
Peters, Mathias, head-of-household, age 33, born in Germany; parents born in Germany; immigrated 1891, naturalized 1889; rented home; occupation: glass maker, factory.
Peters, Mabel, wife, age 29, born in Indiana; parents born in Germany [sic].
Peters, Lucille, daughter, age 10, born in Indiana; parents born in Germany; attended school.
Peters, Joseph, son, age 8, born in Indiana; parents born in Germany; attended school.
Mable and Mathias were divorced.10 Mathias remarried to 1) Florence --, then 2) Emma --.13
Mathias and children were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), 16 West Woodruff Ave., Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio:10
Peters, Mathias, head-of-household, age 42, born in Germany; parents born in Germany; immigrated 1891, naturalized; divorced, first married at age 20; rented home ($44 rent); radio in home; occupation: glass worker, glass works; not a war veteran.
Peters, Lucille, daughter, age 20, born in Indiana; father born in Germany; mother born in Indiana; occupation: operator, accounting [unclear] bus.
Peters, Joseph, son, age 18, born in Indiana; father born in Germany; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
On Apr 25 1942 Mathias Peters, age 54, registered for the World War II draft in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio. He declared he was born June 11 1887 in Germany, and was then residing at 2356 Whitney Ave., [Toledo], Lucas County, Ohio, employed by Harry P. Banford, Toledo Plate & Window Glass Co. He declared his relative/contact was Emma D. Peters of the same address. He was recorded as 6' tall, 190 lbs., blue eyes, gray hair, light complexion, and a "scar on right side".11
Mathias died Apr 21 1958, St. Lukes Hospital, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio; age 70.13,15
Mabel was shown in the 1940 census (May 15 1940), living alone on Lakewood [street], Erie Township, Monroe County, Michigan:7
Peters, Mabel, head-of-household, age 49, born in Indiana; completed 1 year of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; single; owned home ($1200 value); occupation: real estate, broker; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
In 1946 Mabel was living in Luna Pier, Monroe County, Michigan.16
She then married - Farmer.17
Mable apparently remarried sometime between 194616 and 1955.17
In 1955 Mable was living in Toledo, Ohio.17
Photo: Mabel Hinshaw
Photo: Mabel Hinshaw with her father and grandmother
Photo: Mathias Peters World War I draft registration card
Photo: son Joseph T. Peters
- "Index to Marriage Record, Madison County, Indiana 1880-1920", Vol II; Book 20, page 37.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Alexandria, Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T624-364, ED 112, page 9A, line #5, dwelling #198, family #200.
- Hinshaw family notes and photos from Marta Flaherty, Peoria, Illinois.
- 1900 census, Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T623-386, ED 95, page 6B, line #84, dwelling #120, family #126.
- Indiana Births, 1880-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, 8th Ward, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio; roll T625-1409, ED 93, page 26B, line #89, dwelling #533, family #609.
- 1940 census, Erie Township, Monroe County, Michigan; roll T627-1791, ED 58-13, page 14A, line #5, household #279.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio; roll T626-1834, ED 205, page 3B, line #62, dwelling #14, family #21.
- U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Gary Lynn Peters.
- "Ohio Deaths, 1993-98"; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Mary Catherine Sands obituary.
- Joseph Warren Hinshaw obituary.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]