┌── Jesse Hinshaw
┌── Jonathan P. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1820-1896 │
│ └── Eunice Gifford
Mary Luella Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1847 │ ┌── William Coltrane
D: ? │ │
└── Jane Coltrain ────────┤
└── Sarah Frazier
M: Charles C. Cole
Mary Luella Hinshaw [ID 09548]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan - 18471,2 [about 18463,4], Indiana1,2.
She married Charles C. Cole5,6 [Charles Henry Cole7], Feb 2 18655,6, Jennings County, Indiana5,6. Charles, son of Elisha Cole & Delia Chapman, was born Dec 2 1837, Michigan.1,2,7,8
Edward Carlton Cole, born Feb 2 1866; died Jul 23 1867.
Frank Ellsworth Cole, born Jul 23 1869, Michigan; married Ethel --.
Hugh Clifford Cole, born Jun 30 1872, Indiana.
Mary Gertrude Cole, born Sep 7 1877; died Mar 6 1879.
Mina I. Cole, born Feb 20 1880, Jackson, Jackson County, Michigan; married -- Austin.
Charles Alland Cole, born Apr 17 1883; apparently died young.
Mary and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 27 1870), Brooklyn, Jackson County, Michigan:1
Cole, Charles, age 33, born in Michigan; carpenter; $200 real estate.
Cole, Mary L, age 22, born in Indiana; keeping house.
Cole, Frank, age 11 months, born July  in Michigan.
Mary and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 12 1880), Jackson, Jackson County, Michigan:8
Cole, Charles H, age 42, born in Michigan; parents born in New York; policeman.
Cole, Mary L, wife, age 33, born in Kentucky; parents born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Cole, Frank, son, age 11, born in Michigan; father born in Michigan; mother born in Kentucky; attended school.
Cole, Hugh, son, age 8, born in Indiana; father born in Michigan; mother born in Kentucky; attended school.
Cole, Mina, daughter, age 4 months, born Feb  in Michigan; father born in Michigan; mother born in Kentucky.
[.. plus one servant ..].
Mary and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 12-13 1900), 217 Third Street, Jackson, Jackson County, Michigan:2
Cole, Charles H, head-of-household, age 62, born Dec 1837 in Michigan; parents born in New York; married 35 years; occupation: carpenter, house; rented home.
Cole, Mary L, wife, age 53, born Jan 1847 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 35 years; 6 children, 3 living.
Cole, Hugh C, son, age 27, born June 1872 in Indiana; father born in Michigan; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: machinist.
Austin, Mina I, daughter, age 20, born Feb 1880 in Michigan; father born in Michigan; mother born in Indiana; married 3 years; no children.
[.. plus one boarder ..].
Charles died Jan 10 1905, Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan; age 67.10
- 1870 census, Brooklyn, Jackson County, Michigan; roll M593-678, page 42B, line #68, dwelling #85, family #101.
- 1900 census, Jackson, Jackson County, Michigan; roll T623-719, ED 10, page 11B, line #68, dwelling #262, family #274.
- 1850 census, Eel River Township, Greene County, Indiana; roll 148, page 398; dwelling #7.
- 1860 census, Vernon P.O., North Vernon Township, Jennings County, Indiana; roll M653-271, page 236, line #8, dwelling #430, family #430.
- Marriage Index: Indiana, 1851-1900; Jennings County, Indiana courthouse records.
- Indiana, Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "cole Family Tree" posted by "alan wheeler".
- 1880 census, Jackson, Jackson County, Michigan; roll T9-585, ED 120, page 345C, line #12, dwelling #414, family #469.
- Michigan, Births and Christenings Index, 1867-1911; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Michigan, Death Records, 1897-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:51 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]