┌── Benjamin H. Hinshaw
┌── Edmund B. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1815-1883 │
│ └── Annas Bowman
Edmund R. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1856 │ ┌── John Hiatt
D: 1906 │ │
└── Irena Hiatt ────────┤
└── Rachel Glandon
M: Ella Huffman
├── Cyrus Clark Hinshaw (1878-1953) 1,2,3,4
└── Ethel Hinshaw (1882-1907) 2
Edmund R. Hinshaw [ID 00970]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 20 18564,5,6,7,8,9 [Sep 22 18562,6, about 18503], Springfield, Franklin County, Indiana4,5,6,7,8,9.
He married Ella Huffman2,10 [Ellen Huffman5,6, Ellen Hufman1], Apr 1 18762,10, Randolph County, Indiana2,10 [Springfield, Franklin County, Indiana5]. Ella was born Sep - 18584 [Mar 21 18602, about 18553], Indiana4.
Edmund and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 25 1880), White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana:3
Hinshaw, Edmun, age 30, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; farmer.
Hinshaw, Ellen, wife, age 25, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; keeping house.
Living four houses away in 1880 were Edmund's parents and family.11
Edmund and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 30 1900), White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana:4
Hinshaw, Edward, head-of-household, age 43, born Sep 1856 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; married 24 years; occupation: farmer; rented farm.
Hinshaw, Helean, wife, age 41, born Sep 1858 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 24 years; 2 children, 2 living.
Hinshaw, ClarkBoarding next door in 1900 was daughter Ethel and her husband.12
, son, age 22, born May 1878 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; divorced; occupation: day labor.
At Springfield MM on 12-17-1904, Edmund was granted a certificate to Cherry Grove MM.6
At Cherry Grove MM on 1-14-1905, Edmund was received on a certificate from Springfield MM.6
Edmund R. Hinshaw died May 18 1906.2
- "Index to Supplementary Record Jay County [Indiana] Marriage Transcripts
1882-1920", Indiana Work Projects Administration; book MT4, pg 1.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1880 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-307, ED 165, page 113D, line #38, dwelling #314, family #324.
- 1900 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 135, page 13A, line #12, dwelling #278, family #279.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "Hiatt-Hiett Genealogy and Family History" by William Perry Johnson,
microfilm #1421712, item 5, in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1860 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; pg 592-593, line #33, dwelling #437, family #410.
- 1870 census, Winchester P.O., White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 544, line #8, dwelling #261, family #263.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (county bk page 19).
- 1880 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-307, ED 165, page 113D, line #23, dwelling #310, family #320.
- 1900 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 135, page 13A, line #17, dwelling #279, family #280.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]