┌── Quinton Hinshaw
┌── John F. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1855-1933 │
│ └── Rachel C. Polk
Forest Quinton Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1883 │ ┌── James Camplin
D: 1962 │ │
└── Lonie Camplin ────┤
└── Irene (Camplin)
M: Gladys Morris
├── John Morris Hinshaw (1918-2004) 1,2,3,4
└── Helen H. Hinshaw (1920-1994) 1,4
Forest Quinton Hinshaw [ID 09742]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jul 21 18835,6,7,8,9 [Jun - 188310], Henry County, Indiana5,6,7,8,9 [Nebraska10].
He married Gladys Morris, Aug 29 1917.1 Gladys, daughter of Horatio Morris & Ida E. Black, was born Nov 5 1893, Nebraska.2,7,11,12,13
On Sep 12 1918 Forest Quinton Hinshaw, age 35, registered for the World War I draft in Glenwood, Mills County, Iowa. He declared he was born July 21 1883 and was then living in Glenwood, Iowa where he was unemployed. He declared his nearest relative was his wife, Gladys Hinshaw of Glenwood. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair.9
Forest and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), 1335 N Street, Gering Township, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska:2
Hinshaw, F.Q., head-of-household, age 36, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: lumberman, lumber yard.
Hinshaw, Gladys M., wife, age 26, born in Nebraska; parents born in Illinois.
Hinshaw, John M.Living two houses away in 1920 were Forest's parents.14
, son, age 1 year 7 months, born in Nebraska; father born in Indiana; mother born in Nebraska.
On Jun 16 1927 "The Evening State Journal and Lincoln Daily News" (Lincoln, Nebraska) reported the marriage of a Francis T. Alabaster and Ellen Rubottom at the Methodist church of Gering, Nebraska. The article noted:15
Mrs. C. O. Lyda played the nuptial music and Mrs. F. Q. Hinshaw sang.
Forest and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 13 1930), 1600 N Street, Gering, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska:4
Hinshaw, F.Q., head-of-household, age 46, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 34; owned home ($10,000 value); no radio in home; occupation: lumberman, owner; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Gladys M., wife, age 36, born in Nebraska; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 24.
Hinshaw, John M.
, son, age 11, born in Nebraska; father born in Indiana; mother born in Nebraska; attended school.
Hinshaw, Helen H.
, daughter, age 9, born in Nebraska; father born in Indiana; mother born in Nebraska; attended school.
Forest Quinton Hinshaw died Aug - 1962.7
In 1994 Gladys was living in/near Scottsbluff, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska.7
Gladys died Jun 6 1992, buried Scottsbluff, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska.3,7
Photo: Forest Quinton Hinshaw World War I draft registration card
Social Security information for Forest Quinton Hinshaw: 505-07-8085
Social Security information for Gladys Morris: 508-28-1392
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1920 census, Gering Township, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska; roll T625-1001, ED 223, page 1A, line #28, dwelling #7, family #8.
- Contribution from John M. Hinshaw.
- 1930 census, Gering, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska; roll T626-1293, ED 12, page 3A, line #33, dwelling #62, family #62.
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Birth Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1882-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- Contribution from Tim Walls () citing: LDS records.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Downing, Fabius Township, Schuyler County, Missouri; roll T624-807, ED 138, page 197A, line #40, dwelling #40, family #41.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, 2nd Ward, Plattsmouth, Cass County, Nebraska; roll T623-919, ED 10, page 6B, line #72, dwelling #128, family #139.
- 1900 census, Union Precinct, Hamilton County, Nebraska; roll T623-929, ED 78, page 1A, line #5, dwelling #1, family #1.
- 1910 census, Bradshaw Township, York County, Nebraska; roll T624-857, ED 195, page 2A, line #29, dwelling #37, family #37.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900:
- 1920 census, Gering Township, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska; roll T625-1001, ED 223, page 1A, line #35, dwelling #9, family #10.
- "The Evening State Journal and Lincoln Daily News", Jun 16 1927; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:51 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]