┌── Leonard Washington Hinshaw
┌── William Alexander Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1854-1924 │
│ └── Susan Morrell Payne
James Bryan Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1899 │ ┌── Riley Russell
D: 1988 │ │
└── Margaret Ellen Russell ─────┤
└── Susan Ford
M: Nellie Burris
├── Harvey J. Hinshaw (1919-1984) 1,2,3
├── Katherine Hinshaw (?-<2008) 2
├── Kenneth Lee Henshaw (1922-1999) 2,3
├── Beecher Freelis Henshaw (1927-1929) 4,5
├── Paul Hubert Hinshaw (1929-2008) 2,3
└── Hollis E. Hinshaw (1934-) 2,3
James Bryan Hinshaw [ID 09743]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 16 1899, Tennessee.1,3,6,7,8,9
On Sep 12 1918 James Bryan Hinshaw, age 19, registered for the World War I draft in Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee. He declared he was born "Jany 16 1899", and was then residing at 609 Johnson St. in Knoxville, occupied as a "paint helper", employed by "Saw. Shops". He declared his nearest relative was W.A. Hinshaw of the same address. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, brown eyes, black hair.8
He married Nellie Burris2 [Nellie Wells4]. Nellie was born about 1897, Tennessee.1,3
James and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), Lenoir, Loudon County, Tennessee:1
Henshaw, J.B., head-of-household, age 20, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; occupation: painter, car works.
Henshaw, Nellie, wife, age 22, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
, son, age 5 months, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
James and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 10 1940), 213 Ave. C, Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee:3
Hinshaw, James B, head-of-household, age 42, born in Tennessee; completed 4 years of high school; rented home ($10/month rent); on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same city; occupation: contractor, paint; worked 39 weeks in 1939.
Hinshaw, Nellie W, wife, age 43, born in Tennessee; completed 3rd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same city.
Hinshaw, Harvey J
, son, age 20, born in Tennessee; completed 6th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same city; occupation: painter, house; worked 33 weeks in 1939; $594 in wages in 1939.
, son, age 16, born in Tennessee; completed 7th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same city.
, son, age 12, born in Tennessee; completed 3rd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same city.
, son, age 6, born in Tennessee; completed 1st grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same city.
James Bryan Hinshaw died Sep 3 1988, Knox County, Tennessee; age 89.9,10
Social Security information for James Bryan Hinshaw: 413-09-9787
- 1920 census, Lenoir, Loudon County, Tennessee; roll T625-1751, ED 149, page 7B, line #67, dwelling #136, family #148.
- Obituary of Paul Hubert Hinshaw.
- 1940 census, Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee; roll T627-3959, ED 97-127, page 8B, line #66, household #144.
- Tennessee, Deaths and Burials Index, 1874-1955; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Tennessee, Death Records, 1908-1958; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, 9th District, Loudon County, Tennessee; roll T623-1585, ED 103, page 18B, line #51, dwelling #288, family #312.
- 1910 census, 3rd District, Knox County, Tennessee; roll T624-1508, ED 110, page 49B, line #59, dwelling #174, family #174.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Shelby County, Tennessee, Register of Deeds; Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]