1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795)
8........ Benjamin H. Hinshaw (1782-1866) m Annas Bowman (1790-1865)
9......... William Benjamin Hinshaw (1808-1891) m Hannah Coffin (1814-1897)
10.......... James Madison Hinshaw (1832-1888) m Caroline Mary Ham (1835-1910)
11........... Daniel Robert Hinshaw (1874-?)
+Mattie Ott (c1872-?)
12............ Mildred Olive Henshaw (1893-) 1,2,3
+Ada Fay Field (c1881-?)
Daniel Robert Hinshaw [ID 01056]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Daniel Robert Hinshaw4,5 [Daniel B. Hinshaw4, Daniel Robert Henshaw1, Robert Daniel Hinshaw2,4,6,7,8,9].
The Chester MM membership list of 12 Mo. 1878 lists Madison Hinshaw, Caroline Hinshaw (Daniel's parents), and Robert Hinshaw. Presumably he was often called Robert.4
Born Apr 17 18741,4,6 [Apr 17 18735,10,11], Chester MM, Indiana1,4,6.
He married Mattie Ott, Mar 8 1892, Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana.1,12,13,14 Mattie was born about 1872, Ohio.3
Daniel and Mattie were apparently divorced. Mattie remarried to a Perry L. --. Mattie and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 26 1910), Boise, Ada County, Idaho:3
Kinork [unclear], Perry L., head-of-household, age 40, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 7 years; occupation: [..unclear..] store; rented home.
", Mattie O. [unclear], wife, age 38, born in Ohio; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Ohio; second marriage, married 7 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Henshaw, Mildred O.
, step-daughter, age 17, born in Indiana; father born in U.S.; mother born in Ohio; single; attended school.
Ott, Raymond T., brother-in-law, age 36, born in Ohio; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Ohio; single; occupation: manager, [..unclear..].
He then married Ada Fay Field, Apr 16 1902, Jay County, Indiana.7,8,13 Ada was born about 1881, Indiana.10
Daniel and Ada were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 15 1910), 106 Water Street, Benton Harbor, Barrien County, Michigan:10
Henshaw, Robert D., head-of-household, age 36, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 8 years; occupation: keeper, saloon; rented home.
Henshaw, Ada Fay, wife, age 29, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 8 years; no children.
At Whitewater MM on 3-20-1913, Daniel was dropped from membership. No reason was recorded.4
Robert lived in Muncie, Indiana.9
On Sep 12 1918 Daniel Robert Henshaw, age 45, registered for the World War I draft in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. He declared he was born April 17 1873, and was then residing at 1207 N. Mulberry in Muncie, a self-employed wholesale distributor. He declared his nearest relative was Ada Faye Henshaw of the same address. He was recorded as short, stout, blue eyes, light hair, and "near sighted in one eye and far sighted in other".11
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Index to Birth Records, Wayne County, Indiana 1882-1920 Volume II",
Indiana Work Projects Administration; book H-2, pg 140.
- 1910 census, 15th Precinct, Boise, Ada County, Idaho; roll T624-221, ED 15, page 258B, line #82, dwelling #235, family #276.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 1,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- 1880 census, Wayne Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll T9-322, ED 68, page 226C, line #40, dwelling #27, family #27.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- "Index to Marriage Records, Jay County, Indiana 1850-1920 Volume I",
Indiana Work Projects Administration, 1938; book CI, pg 443.
- "Index to Supplementary Record Jay County [Indiana] Marriage Transcripts
1882-1920", Indiana Work Projects Administration; book MT5, pg 13.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1910 census, Benton Harbor, Barrien County, Michigan; roll T624-638, ED 59, page 61A, line #14, dwelling #5, family #5.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Index to Marriage Records, Wayne County, Indiana 1860-1920 Volume II",
Indiana Work Projects Administration, 1941; book C-Q, pg 278.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Wayne County, Indiana, marriage records database:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]