1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Enoch Hinshaw (1794-1864) m Sylvina York (1805-1890)
9......... Barsheba Hinshaw (1837-?)
+Ezekiel L. Hill (1821-1893)
Barsheba Hinshaw [ID 01085]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Barsheba Hinshaw1,2,3 [Basheba Hinshaw4].
Born Dec 1 1837, Guilford County, North Carolina.1,2,3,5,6,7,8
She married Ezekiel L. Hill, Mar 6 1879, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,3,4 Ezekiel, son of Sion/Zion Hill & Orpha Starage Lee, was born 1821, North Carolina.6,9,10,11
Ezekiel had been twice previously married, 1) Mary "Polly" Thompson; 2) Eliza/Elizure Hill, and had several children.9,11
Marquis A. Hill; died before 1900 at age 12.
Rufus McCager Hill, born Nov 26 1881 (Nov 1882 / Nov 26 1883), Randolph County, North Carolina; died Nov 24 1955, Albemarle, Stanly County, North Carolina; buried Nov 27 1955, Holly Hill Cemetery, Thomasville, North Carolina; married Ella May/Mae Cranford.
Barsheba and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 11 1880), Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:6
Hill, Ezekiel L., age 58, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Hill, Beersheba, wife, age 42, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Hill, Clauda A., daughter, age 24, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single.
Ezekiel died Dec 27 1893, buried Giles Chapel Cemetery, near Asheboro, Randolph County, North Carolina.9,10,12
Barsheba and son Rufus were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4 1900), Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:7
Hill, Beersheba [unclear], head-of-household, age 63 [unclear], born Dec 1837 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow; 2 children, 1 living; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Hill, Rufus M., son, age 17, born Nov 1882 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: farm laborer.
Barsheba was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 21 1910), living with the family of son Rufus in West Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:8
Hill, Rufus M., head-of-household, age 28, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first marriage, married 6 years; occupation: farmer, home farm; owned farm (free).
Hill, Ella C., wife, age 30, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first marriage, married 6 years; 4 children, 1 living.
Hill, Ogress [unclear], son, age 1 year 5 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Hill, Besheber [unclear], mother, age 72, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow; 2 children, 1 living.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- North Carolina Marriage Collection, 1741-2004; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 282, line #16, dwelling #810, family #810.
- 1880 census, Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-978, ED 216, page 102C, line #27, dwelling #149, family #151.
- 1900 census, Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T623-1213, ED 87, page 2A, line #28, dwelling #27, family #28.
- 1910 census, West Franklinsville Precinct, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 86, page 4B, line #56, dwelling #67, family #67.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Virginia DeVries ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Phillip Judson Clark ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Carolyn Clark Campbell ().
- Contribution from James Clint Hill ().
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]