1. William Henshaw (?-<1880)
+Mary Spring (c1840-1917)
2.. Samuel Henshaw (1860-1936) 1,2,3
2.. Hattie C. Henshaw (1861-1924) 1,3,4
2.. Mary J. Henshaw (c1863-?) 1,3,5
2.. Birdie Henshaw (c1876-?) 5
William Henshaw [ID 11202]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Ireland. (England).4
He married Mary Spring1 [Mary Dunihov4]. Mary was born about 1840, Ireland.1,5 (May - 1835).6 (May 1 1847).7,8
Mary and children were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 23 1870), living with her brother in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio:1
Spring, Bernard, age 28, born in England; parents foreign-born; "pipe maker (smoking)"; $250 personal property.
Spring, Jane, age 29, born in Canada; parents foreign-born; keeps house.
Henshaw, Mary, age 30, born in Ireland; parents foreign-born; "at home with brother".
, age 13, born in New York; parents foreign-born; attended school.
, age 8, born in New York; parents foreign-born; attended school.
Henshaw, Mary J.
, age 7, born in New York; parents foreign-born; attended school.
William Henshaw died before Jun 3 1880.5
Mary and children were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 3 1880), living with her brother in New Albany Township, Floyd County, Indiana:5
Spring, Barnard, age 38, born in Essex Co. England; parents born in England; single; pipe maker.
Henshaw, Mary, age 40, born in Ireland; parents born in Ireland; widow; keeping house.
Mary was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 26 1900), living in the household of daughter Hattie, Albemarle, Jefferson County, Kentucky:6
Henshaw, Mary, mother-in-law, age 65, born May 1835 in Ireland; parents born in Ireland; widow; 5 children, 3 living.
Mary was shown in the 1910 census (May 4 1910), living in the household of daughter Hattie, State Fair Precinct, Jefferson County, Kentucky:9
Henshaw, Mary, mother-in-law, age 76, born in Ireland; parents born in Ireland; widow.
Mary died Apr 3 1917, Bloomington, Monroe County, Indiana; age 70y 11m 27d.7,8,10
Mary's death was reported in the "Bloomington Telephone" (Bloomington, Monroe County, Indiana) on April 4-5, 1917.11
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- 1870 census, 21st Ward, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll M593-1217, page 683, line #37, dwelling #495, family #780.
- Samuel Henshaw death certificate.
- 1870 census, 21st Ward, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll M593-1217, page 683A, line #37, dwelling #495, family #780.
- Hattie C. Henshaw death certificate.
- 1880 census, New Albany Township, Floyd County, Indiana; roll T9-277, ED 70, page 215A, line #44, dwelling #43, family #46-47.
- 1900 census, Albemarle, Jefferson County, Kentucky; roll T623-533, ED 153, page 24B, line #80, dwelling #453, family #484.
- Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting Nov 30 2000 by () to INMONROE-L, citing:
WPA Monroe County, Indiana Death Record Index, 1882-1920.
- 1910 census, State Fair Precinct, Jefferson County, Kentucky; roll T624-483, ED 31, page 18A, line #24, dwelling #175, family #183.
- Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Monroe County Obituary Index"; Monroe County (Indiana) Public Library:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]