1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Ezra Hinshaw (1753-1836) m Ruth Marshill (1759-1857)
8........ William Hinshaw (1779-1869) m Lorohame Beeson (1786-1839)
9......... Zebedee Hinshaw (1805-1867) m Rebecca Trogdon (1802-1834)
10.......... Mary Elma Hinshaw (1833-1921)
+Nathan Hinshaw (1823-1864)
+Baxter B. Stout (?-1893)
Mary Elma Hinshaw [ID 01127]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Mary Elma Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Polly Hinshaw4].
Born 8-25-1833, Randleman, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6
She married Nathan Hinshaw, 3-11-1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,7 Nathan Hinshaw, son of Enoch Hinshaw & Sylvania York, was born 9-23-1823, Julian, Guilford County, North Carolina.2,3,5,7 Mary and Nathan were second cousins once removed.
A marriage bond was recorded for Nathan Hinshaw & Mary E. Hinshaw on Mar 7, 1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.8
At Center MM on 11-20-1869, "Mary and children, Zebedee M., Sabra R. & Hannah S." were received by request.1
Nathan Hinshaw died 5-25-1864, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,3,5,6
She then married Baxter B. Stout, Feb 7 1884.4,5,9
Baxter had been previously married to Mahalah Julian.5
Baxter died May 30 1893, buried Shiloh.4,5
Mary was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 16 1910), Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:10
Stout, Mary, head-of-household, age 76, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow; 5 children, 3 living; occupation: none; owned home (free).
Living next door in 1910 was the family of son Zebedee.11
Mary was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 14 1920), living in the household of son Zebedee in Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:9
Stout, Mary E. Mrs., mother, age 86, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widow.
Mary Elma Hinshaw died Mar 17 1921, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,3,5,6 Mary and Nathan are buried together at Providence.6
Photo: Mary Elma Hinshaw
Photo: Mary Elma Hinshaw & Nathan Hinshaw family record Center MM, Guilford County, North Carolina
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- Family group sheets from Denzel Marie Hinshaw, contributed
by Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1920 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T625-1318, ED 111, page 5A, line #16, dwelling #67, family #67.
- 1910 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 93, page 210A, line #8, dwelling #15, family #17.
- 1910 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 93, page 210A, line #1, dwelling #14, family #16.
- Photo courtesy of Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
- U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1994; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]