1. Martin Henshaw (c1824-?) m Jane - (c1820-?)
2.. Eli Bannister Henshaw (1849-1928) m California Raiford (1853-1933)
3... John M. Hinshaw (1872-1954) m Dora T. Caldwell (1873-1965)
4.... Andrew B. Hinshaw (1896-1963)
+Ann M. Summerhill (c1906-)
5..... A.J. Hinshaw (1928-1990) 1,2,3,4
Andrew B. Hinshaw [ID 11419]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Andrew B. Hinshaw1,2 [Andrew J. Henshaw5].
Born Dec 17 1896, Nevada County, Arkansas.2,6,7,8 (Dec - 1895).5
On Jun 5 1918 Andrew Hinshaw, age 21, registered for the World War I draft in Magnolia, Columbia County, Arkansas He declared he was born Dec 17 1896 in Nevada County, Arkansas, and his then residence was Waldo, Arkansas, where he was a farmer. He declared his father had been born in Ouachata County, Arkansas. He declared his nearest relative was John Hinshaw of McNeil, Arkansas. He was recorded as having blue eyes, black hair.6
He married Ann M. Summerhill, about 1922.1,2 Ann, daughter of John S. + Madgie J. Summerhill, was born about 1906, Alabama.2,9
Andrew and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), living with Ann's widowed father at 1130 Hull Street, Denison, Grayson County, Texas:2
Summerhill, John, head-of-household, age 63, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; widower; first married at age 30; owned home ($800 value); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, [..unclear..] steam RR; not a veteran.
Summerhill, Floyd, son, age 22, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; occupation: laborer, [..unclear..] steam RR; not a veteran.
Summerhill, Homer, son, age 15, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama.
Hinshaw, Annie, daughter, age 24, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 16.
Hinshaw, Andrew, son-in-law, age 33, born in Arkansas; parents born in Arkansas; first married at age 25; occupation: foreman, [..unclear..] steam RR; World War I veteran.
, grandson, age 1 year 6 months, born in Texas; parents born in Alabama [sic].
Andrew B. Hinshaw died Mar - 1963.8
Social Security information for Andrew B. Hinshaw: 702-10-8867
- Grayson County, Texas - Births, 1928; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1930 census, Denison, Grayson County, Texas; roll T626-2338, ED 25, page 8B-9A, line #96, dwelling #200, family #212-213.
- Rootsweb Texas Birth Records 1926-1949: http://vitals.rootsweb.com/tx/birth/general/search.cgi.
- Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Alabama Township, Nevada County, Arkansas; roll T623-69, ED 77, page 10B, line #78, dwelling #171, family #171.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Warren Township, Columbia County, Arkansas; roll T624-46, ED 63, page 75B-76A, line #97, dwelling #131, family #140.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Precinct 15, Lauderdale County, Alabama; ED 69, page 148B, line #55, dwelling #63, family #63.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]