1. Nathan Hinshaw (c1824-1864) m Sarah Burks (c1830-1898)
2.. Walter Scott Hinshaw (1855-1916) m Mary Elizabeth Williams (1858-1945)
3... William Nathan Hinshaw (1879-1964)
+Ollie Naomi Thompson (1882-1917)
4.... Lavada Hinshaw (1907-2000) 1,2,3,4,5
4.... Evelyn Hinshaw (1908-1921) 2,3,4,5,6
4.... Mildred Frances Hinshaw (1910-2004) 1,2,3,4,7
4.... Gaines Nathan Hinshaw (1912-1988) 1,2,3,4,7
4.... Walter Scott Hinshaw (1916-2001) 1,2,3,4
William Nathan Hinshaw [ID 12010]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Dec 1 1879, Arkansas.5,8,9,10 (Dec 1 1880).1,6
He married Ollie Naomi Thompson, about 1906.1,3,5,6 Ollie, daughter of George McDuffie "Mack" Thompson & Melissa "Lavada" Winchester, was born Jan 6 1882, Brookston, Lamar County, Texas.1,3,6 (c1884).5
William and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 6 1910), Lamar County, Texas:5
Henshaw, Will N., head-of-household, age 30, born in Arkansas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Arkansas; first marriage, married 4 years.
Henshaw, Ollie, wife, age 26, born in Texas; parents born in North Carolina; first marriage, married 4 years; 2 children, 2 living.
, daughter, age 3, born in Texas; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Texas.
Henshaw, EvelynLiving next door in 1910 was the family of a widow M.L. Thompson,11 probably Ollie's widowed mother.12
, daughter, age 1, born in Texas; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Texas.
Ollie died Feb 28 1917, Brookston, Lamar County, Texas; buried Restland Cemetery, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas.1,3,6
On Sep 12 1918, William Nathan Hinshaw, age 39, registered for the World War I draft in Paris, Lamar County, Texas. He declared his residence as Roxton, Texas, and his occupation as farmer, near Roxton, Lamar County, Texas. He declared his nearest relative was Lavada Hinshaw of Roxton, Texas. He was recorded as tall, medium build, blue eyes, red hair.10
William and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 29 1930), Sunset Street, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas:7
Henshaw, Will, head-of-household, age 48, born in Arkansas; father born in Texas; mother born in Arkansas; widower; first married at age 29; rented home ($9 rent); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, odd jobs.
, daughter, age 19, born in Texas; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Texas; single; occupation: teacher, public school.
, son, age 18, born in Texas; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Texas; single; occupation: laborer, odd jobs.
William Nathan Hinshaw died Jun 18 1964, buried Restland Cemetery, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas.1,6
- Contribution from Joel Lynn Hinshaw.
- Obituary of Gaines Nathan Hinshaw.
- Obituary of Mildred Frances Hinshaw Maroney.
- 1910 census, Brookston Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T624-1572, ED 86, page 43A, line #4, dwelling #450, family #461.
- Ron Brothers, "The Death and Cemetery Records of Lamar County, Texas", online edition (Paris, TX: ReBroMa Press, 1999); USGenWeb Archives:
- 1930 census, Precinct 2, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas; roll T626-2368, ED 17, page 15A, line #19, dwelling #360, family #337.
- 1880 census, Wallaceburg Township, Hempstead County, Arkansas; roll T9-0046, ED 108, page 407D, line #43, dwelling #37, family #37.
- 1900 census, Brookston & Ambia Precincts, Lamar County, Texas; roll T623-1652, ED 72, page 17A, line #29, dwelling #315, family #315.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Brookston Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T624-1572, ED 86, page 43A, line #8, dwelling #451, family #462.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]