1. Nathan Hinshaw (c1824-1864) m Sarah Burks (c1830-1898)
2.. Walter Scott Hinshaw (1855-1916) m Mary Elizabeth Williams (1858-1945)
3... Ludie Eva Hinshaw (1896-1971)
+Mark W. Jones (1892-1971)
Ludie Eva Hinshaw [ID 12015]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Oct 6 1896, Brookston, Lamar County, Texas.1,2,3,4,5
She married Mark W. Jones, Apr 9 1916.1,2 Mark was born Mar 8 1892, Texas.5,6 (Mar 28 1892).2
Ludie and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 22 1920), Lamar County, Texas:5
Jones, Mark W., head-of-household, age 27, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Arkansas; farmer.
Jones, Ludy E., wife, age 23, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Arkansas.
Jones, Loyd R., son, age 1 year 11 months [unclear], born in Texas; parents born in Texas.
Jones, Lillian, daughter, age ? months [unclear], born in Texas; parents born in Texas.
Living next door in 1920 was a widow, Sarah Jones, age 667 (relationship unknown).
Mark died Aug 26 1971, buried Restland Cemetery, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas.2,6
Ludie Eva Hinshaw died Nov 16 1971, buried Restland Cemetery, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas.1,2
From an unnamed and undated article located in the Lamar County Genealogical Library, in the Taylor Collection, Box J:2
Mrs. Mark Jones, 75, of Roxton, died Tuesday, Nov. 16, 1971, in a local nursing home. Funeral services were held Wednesday afternoon in the Leverett & Steele Chapel with the Rev. Mark Lewis and the Rev. Larry Solice officiating. Interment was made in Restland Cemetery in Roxton. Ludie Hinshaw Jones was born at Brookston on Oct. 6, 1896, daughter of Walter S. Hinshaw and Mary Elizabeth Williams. She was married to Mr. [Mark W.] Jones on April 9, 1916, his death occurring on Aug. 26, 1971. Survivors include four children, Lawrence Jones, Garland; Mrs. Lillian West, Lubbock; Mrs. Gene Siddle, Dallas; and Mrs. Thomas Whipple, Roxton; 11 grandchildren; and 4 great-grandchildren; two sisters, Mrs. Cora Frensley, Paris, and Mrs. J.L. Perry, Roxton.
Social Security information for Mark W. Jones: 458-42-3958
- Contribution from Joel Lynn Hinshaw.
- Ron Brothers, "The Death and Cemetery Records of Lamar County, Texas", online edition (Paris, TX: ReBroMa Press, 1999); USGenWeb Archives:
- 1900 census, Brookston & Ambia Precincts, Lamar County, Texas; roll T623-1652, ED 72, page 17A, line #29, dwelling #315, family #315.
- 1910 census, Ambia Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T624-1572, ED 86, page 45A, line #5, dwelling #487, family #501.
- 1920 census, Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T625-1827, ED 104, page 15A, line #49, dwelling #307, family #315.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1920 census, Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T625-1827, ED 104, page 15A, line #48, dwelling #306, family #314.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]