1. Nathan Hinshaw (c1824-1864) m Sarah Burks (c1830-1898)
2.. Walter Scott Hinshaw (1855-1916) m Mary Elizabeth Williams (1858-1945)
3... John Scott Hinshaw (1894-1954)
+Arrie Francis Brown (1891-1937)
John Scott Hinshaw [ID 12018]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Apr 16 1894, Texas.1,2,3,4 (Apr 16 1893).5,6,7
On Jun 5 1917, John Scott Hinshaw, age 24, registered for the World War I draft in Paris, Lamar County, Texas. He declared his residence as Brookston, Texas, and his birthplace as Heryrove [unclear], Texas. His occupation was shown as farming, self employed, "at my home". He was shown as single, with a dependent mother. He was recorded as tall, slender, gray eyes, brown hair.5
John was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), Lamar County, Texas:3
Hinshaw, John S., head-of-household, age 26, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Arkansas; single; farmer.
, mother, age 60, born in Arkansas; parents born in Arkansas; widow.
, sister, age 17, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Arkansas; single.
, nephew, age 3 years 2 months, born in Texas; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Texas; single.
He married Arrie Francis Brown, about 1927.1,4 Arrie was born Jan 26 1891, Arkansas.1,2,4
John Scott and Arrie lived in Lamar County, Texas.1,4 No children.1
John and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), Lamar County, Texas:4
Henshaw, John S., head-of-household, age 36, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Arkansas; first married at age 33; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Henshaw, Era F., wife, age 39, born in Arkansas; father born in Missouri; mother born in Arkansas; first married at age 36.
Henshaw, Mallie E.
, mother, age 71, born in Arkansas; parents born in Arkansas; widow; first married at age 19 [unclear].
Hinshaw, Walter S.
, nephew, age 14, born in Texas; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Texas; single; attended school.
Arrie died Aug 13 1937, buried Restland Cemetery, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas.1,2 Medical: Arrie died from breast cancer.1
John Scott Hinshaw died Apr 24 1954, buried Restland Cemetery, Roxton, Lamar County, Texas.1,2
- Contribution from Joel Lynn Hinshaw.
- Ron Brothers, "The Death and Cemetery Records of Lamar County, Texas", online edition (Paris, TX: ReBroMa Press, 1999); USGenWeb Archives:
- 1920 census, Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T625-1827, ED 104, page 3A, line #34, dwelling #52, family #55.
- 1930 census, Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T626-2368, ED 17, page 3B-4A, line #98, dwelling #65, family #61.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Brookston & Ambia Precincts, Lamar County, Texas; roll T623-1652, ED 72, page 17A, line #29, dwelling #315, family #315.
- 1910 census, Ambia Precinct 2, Lamar County, Texas; roll T624-1572, ED 86, page 45A, line #5, dwelling #487, family #501.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]