1. Samuel Hanshaw (1786-<1847) m Eve - (c1786-?)
2.. (unknown) Hanshew m Jemima - (c1814-?)
3... Richard M. Handshaw (1840-1903) m Margaret Caroline Moore (1843-?)
4.... Charles Hanshaw (1875-1948) m Lodema Ratliff (1879-1965)
5..... Elisha C. Hanshaw (1899-1961)
+Alma R. - (c1903-1933)
6...... Helen Hanshaw (c1921-) 1
6...... Margie Hanshaw (1924-) 1
6...... Ivan Ray Hanshaw (1926-1998) 1
6...... Goldie Hanshaw (c1929-) 1
Elisha C. Hanshaw [ID 12078]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan - 1899, Ohio.1,2,3,4
He married Alma R. -, about 1920.1,4 Alma was born about 1903, Ohio.1,4
Elisha and Alma were shown in the 1920 census (Feb 9-10 1920), Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio:4
Hanshaw, Elisha C., head-of-household, age 21, born in Ohio; father born in Ohio; mother born in Kentucky; rented home; occupation: miner, coal mine.
Hanshaw, Alma, wife, age 17, born in Ohio; father born in Ohio; mother born in West Virginia.
Elisha and Alma filed for divorce in Lawrence County, Ohio, but the case was dismissed for some reason on Feb 24 1927.5
Elisha and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 21 1930), Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio:1
Hanshew, Elisha, head-of-household, age 31, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 20; rented home ($6 rent); no radio in home; occupation: truck driver, ice plant; not a veteran.
Hanshew, Alma, wife, age 27, born in Ohio; parents born in West Virginia; first married at age 17.
, daughter, age 9, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
, daughter, age 6 years 3 months, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
Hanshew, IvanLiving next door in 1930 was the family of brother Clarence;6 living one more house away were Elisha's parents;7
, son, age 3 years 5 months, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio.
Alma died Dec 25 1933, Lawrence County, Ohio.8
Elisha C. Hanshaw died Dec 3 1961, Ironton, Lawrence County, Ohio; age 62.9
- 1930 census, Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; roll T626-1827, ED 11, page 17A, line #15, dwelling #323, family #325.
- 1900 census, Burlington Precinct, Fayette Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; ED 67, page 61A, line #4, dwelling #125, family #130.
- 1910 census, Sheridan Precinct, Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; ED 87, page 264A, line #45, dwelling #30, family #31.
- 1920 census, Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; roll T625-1400, ED 104, page 4B, line #98, dwelling #84, family #88.
- 1930 census, Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; roll T626-1827, ED 11, page 17A, line #12, dwelling #322, family #324.
- 1930 census, Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; roll T626-1827, ED 11, page 17A, line #9, dwelling #321, family #323.
- Ohio Death Certificate Index: http://www.ohiohistory.org/dindex.
- Ohio Deaths, 1958-69; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]