1. Lloyd Hanshaw
+Anne Clarke (c1796-?)
2.. John A. Henshaw (1830-1907) 1,2
2.. Lloyd Hanshaw (c1835-?) 2
2.. Palton Hanshaw (c1835-?) 2
2.. Nealie Hanshaw (c1836-?) 2
Lloyd Hanshaw [ID 12290]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
During the War of 1812 Lloyd Hanshaw served as a private in Captain Hancock's Company, 22nd Regiment, Maryland Militia (Anne Arundel County).3
He married Matilda Clarage, Jun 6 1817, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.4 (Jun 11 1817).5
Lloyd was shown in the 1820 census, Anne Arundel County, Maryland:6
Lloyd Hanshaw household:
1 white male age 10-15.
1 white male age 15-25 [Lloyd].
1 white female under age 10.
1 white female age 15-25 [Matilda].
2 female slaves under age 14.
6 persons total in household.
He then married Anne Clarke, Dec 24 1822, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.4 Anne was born about 1796, Maryland.1
Lloyd and family were shown in the 1830 census, Anne Arundel County, Maryland:7
Lloyd Henshaw household:
1 white male under age 5.
1 white male age 30-40 [Lloyd].
2 white females under age 5.
1 white female age 20-30 [Anne].
1 free colored male age 55-100.
1 free colored female age 24-35.
7 persons total in household.
Also in Anne Arundel County, Maryland in 1830 was an unidentified John Henshaw:7
1 white male age 30-40 [John].
1 white female age 30-40 [presumably John's wife].
1 male slave age 10-24.
2 female slaves age 10-24.
5 persons total in household.
Ann (apparently widowed) and son John were shown in the 1850 census (Jul 19 1850), Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, Maryland:1
E A Davis, age 39, born in Maryland; hotel keeper.
R Davis, age 32, born in Maryland.
Ann Henshaw, age 54, born in Maryland.
Robert Davis, age 13, born in Maryland; attended school.
George Davis, age 10, born in Maryland; attended school.
Anna Davis, age 2, born in Maryland.
William Larkin, black, age 28, born in Maryland.
The children of this family were also shown in the 1850 census (Aug 30 1850), Anne Arundel County, Maryland:2
Maryland marriage records also show the marriage of a Lloyd Henshaw or Hinshaw, Oct 9 (Oct 7) 1823 to a Jane Marr, Methodist Episcopal Church (East City Station), Baltimore, Maryland.4,8,9
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- 1850 census, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, Maryland; roll M432-278, page 272A, line #4, dwelling #108, family #112.
- 1850 census, District 3, Anne Arundel County, Maryland; roll M432-278, page 348B, line #6, dwelling #215, family #216.
- "The British Invasion of Maryland, 1812-1815", by William M. Marine, Baltimore, 1913; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Maryland Marriages, 1655-1850; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Maryland Records, Vol. II; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1820 census, District 3, Anne Arundel County, Maryland; roll M33-41, page 308.
- 1830 census, District 3, Anne Arundel County, Maryland; roll M19-53, page 134.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Rayme-LaRose Tree 8" posted by "mayray1".
- "Marriage records of Baltimore County, Maryland, for the period of 1823 to 1826", compiled by Annie Walker Burns; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]