1. Jacob Henshaw (1856-?) m Theresa Carroll (1866-<1930)
2.. Raymond Francis Henshaw (1897-1971)
+Anne M. - (c1900-)
3... Raymond Henshaw (c1936-) 1
Raymond Francis Henshaw [ID 12342]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jun 17 1897, New Jersey.2,3,4,5,6 (New York).7,8
Baptised Jun 27 1897, Saint Paul of The Cross Catholic Church, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey.2
Raymond was a World War I veteran. On Dec 7 1917 he enlisted in the U.S. Navy at the recruiting station in New York, New York. Discharged Aug 18 1919, Electrician 3rd Class.9
On Jun 23 1931 the "Brooklyn Standard Union" published an announcement showing Brooklyn policeman Raymond Henshaw received a commendation from Police Commissioner Mulrooney for meritorious conduct in line of duty.10
He married Anne M. -.1 Anne was born about 1900, Ireland.1
Raymond and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 12 1940), 6009 Huxley Avenue, Bronx, New York:1
Henshaw, Raymond, head-of-household, age 42, born in New Jersey; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Manhattan; owned home ($7000 value); occupation: detective, police dept.; worked 40 weeks in 1939; $4000 wages in 1939.
Henshaw, Anne M., wife, age 40, born in Ireland; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Manhattan.
Raymond Francis Henshaw died Sep - 1971.4
Social Security information for Raymond Francis Henshaw: 112-32-3156
- 1940 census, New York, Brona County, New York; roll T627-2491, ED 3-1210, page 6B, line #55, household #114.
- New Jersey, Births and Christenings Index, 1660-1931; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Precinct 2, 12th Ward, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey; roll T623-980, ED 168, page 12A, line #34, dwelling #161, family #232.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, 12th Ward, Manhattan, New York, New York; roll T624-1025, ED 645, page 8A, line #45, dwelling #16, family #161.
- 1920 census, Manhattan, New York, New York; roll T625-1209, ED 967, page 27B, line #92, dwelling #49, family #792.
- 1930 census, Manhattan, New York City, New York; roll T626-1563, ED 882, page 5A, line #39, family #103.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- New York, Abstracts of World War I Military Service, 1917-1919; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting Aug 5 2003 by () to NYBROOKLYN-L citing:
Brooklyn Standard Union, Jun 23 1931, Police News/School News.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]