1. John Hanshaw (1823-?) m Priscilla - (1816-1904)
2.. Robert William Hansher (c1857-?) m Lucinda Mongold (1857-?)
3... Otha Ellsworth Hansher (1876-1968)
+Cora - (c1872-1953)
Otha Ellsworth Hansher [ID 12417]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Mar 14 1876, Jameson, Daviess County, Missouri.1,2,3,4 (Mar - 1879, Missouri).5,6 (Mar 14 1890).7,8
On Jun 5 1917 Otha Ellsworth Hansher, age 27, registered for the World War I draft in Kossuth County, Iowa. He declared he was born March 14 1890 in Jameson, Missouri, and was then residing in Titonka, [Kossuth County,] Iowa where he was single, without dependents, and a self-employed farmer. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair.7
Otha was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 26 1920), working as a farm laborer in Portland Township, Kossuth County, Iowa:8
Henge, August, head-of-household, age 42, born in Hanover, Germany; owned home; single; immigrated 1904; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hansher, Otha E., lodger, age 29, born in Missouri; parents born in Ohio; single; occupation: laborer, farm.
He married Cora -, Nov 12 1924.9 (c1926).4 Cora was born about 1872, Maine.4 Cora had apparently been previously married.4
Otha and Cora were shown in the 1930 census, Baldwin Township, Sherburne County, Minnesota:4
Hanshear, Otha, head-of-household, age 54, born in United States; parents born in United States; first married at age 50; occupation: laborer, farm; not a war veteran.
Hanshear, Cora, wife, age 58, born in Maine; parents born in United States; first married at age 16.
Franklin, Ellen, granddaughter, age 12, born in Minnesota; father born in Alexandrea Minnesota, mother born in Minnesota; attended school.
Cora died Dec 30 1953, Mille Lacs County, Minnesota.10
In 1968 Otha was living in/near Zimmerman, Sherburne County, Minnesota.3
Otha Ellsworth Hansher died Nov 8 1968, Minnesota.2,3
Social Security information for Otha Ellsworth Hansher: 476-07-5592
- Faye Davis database: http://www.gencircles.com/users/faydav/1/data/6.
- Contribution from Faye Davis () citing: death certificate.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Baldwin Township, Sherburne County, Minnesota; roll T626-1129, ED 1, page 2B, line #92, family #53.
- 1880 census, Salem Township, Daviess County, Missouri; roll T9-0684, ED 244, page 149D, line #19, dwelling #164, family #170.
- 1900 census, Grand River Township, Daviess County, Missouri; roll T623-852, ED 46, page 2B, line #62, dwelling #34, family #35.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Portland Township, Kossuth County, Iowa; roll T625-498, ED 183, page 6A, line #7, dwelling #99, family #99.
- Contribution from Faye Davis () citing: obituary of Otha Ellsworth Hansher.
- Contribution from Faye Davis ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]