1. Andreas Hanshuh
2.. Conrad Hanshew (?-1806) m Eva Elizabeth Seitz (1740-?)
3... Jacob Hanshew (c1795-c1833) m Mary "Mina" Cameron (1797-1873)
4.... Andrew Hanshew (c1811-c1876) m Elizabeth Groseclose (1814-?)
5..... John Tyler Hanshew (c1845-1925) m Margaret Lurinda Hubble (1850-1941)
6...... Hezekiah Franklin Hanshew (1867-1926) m Nannie Agnes Rigsby (1879-1967)
7....... David Dewey Hanshew (1899-1970)
+Myrtle L. Richardson (1897-1977)
8........ Helen J. Hanshew (1926-1986) 1,2
8........ Melvin Randolph Hanshew (1927-2000) 1,2,3
David Dewey Hanshew [ID 12576]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Mar 13 1899, Smyth County, Virginia.1,4,5,6,7,8,9
On Sep 12 1918 David Dewey Hanshew, age 19, registered for the World War I draft in Bland County, Virginia. He declared he was born Mar 13 1899, and was then residing in Bland, Bland County, Virginia where he was a farm laborer employed by a Mrs. Ella Muncy of Bland. He declared his nearest relative was H. F. Hanshew of Ceres, Bland County, Virginia. He was recorded as tall, slender, blue eyes, brown hair.8
He married Myrtle L. Richardson, about 1922.1,2 Myrtle was born Apr 10 1897, Virginia.1,5
David and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), Welch, McDowell County, West Virginia:1
Hanshew, David D., head-of-household, age 31, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first married at age 23; rented home ($35 rent); no radio in home; occupation: mechanic, bakery; not a war veteran.
Hanshew, Myrtle L., wife, age 32, born in Virginia; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Virginia; first married at age 24.
Hanshew, Helen J.
, daughter, age 4 years 3 months, born in West Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Hanshew, Melvin R.
, son, age 2 years 4 months, born in West Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Roberts, Maime, lodger, age 32, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; divorced; occupation: nurse, medical.
David Dewey Hanshew died Nov - 1970.5
Myrtle died Jun - 1977.5
Social Security information for David Dewey Hanshew: 235-05-9756
Social Security information for Myrtle L. Richardson: 233-96-1922
- 1930 census, 2nd Ward, Welch, McDowell County, West Virginia; roll T626-2544, ED 23, page 27B, line #61, family #36.
- Obituary of Helen J. (Hanshew) Walker.
- Obituary of Melvin Randolph Hanshew.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Sharon District, Bland County, Virginia; roll T623-1701, ED 4, page 11B, line #84, dwelling #184, family #190.
- 1910 census, Sharon Township, Bland County, Virginia; ED 4, page 5A, line #22, dwelling #85, family #86.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Seddon Magisterial District, Bland County, Virginia; roll T625-1881, ED 5, page 1B, line #57, dwelling #10, family #10.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]