1. Joshua Sidney Henshaw (1811-1859) m Jane Handy (c1820-1896)
2.. John Handy Henshaw (1850-1924) m Jessie Allen (?-1886)
3... Richard Townsend Henshaw (1882-1938) m Clara Ambler Venable (1884-?)
4.... John Handy Henshaw (1909-1998)
+Alice Anita Stevens (1912-1983)
5..... John Handy Henshaw, Jr. (1934-2013) 1,2
5..... Weld Stevens Henshaw (1937-) 1,2
John Handy Henshaw [ID 12710]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug 7 1909, Norwood, Bergen County, New Jersey.2,3,4 (New York).5,6
John attended St. Mark's School and Harvard University, from which he graduated in 1931.7
He married Alice Anita Stevens1,7 [Anita Stevens4], Jul 29 19331,7, Christ Church, Greenwich, Fairfield County, Connecticut1,7. Alice, daughter of Weld M. Stevens, was born Feb 17 1912, Greenwich, Fairfield County, Connecticut.2,3,4,7
John and Alice's wedding was announced in the "New York Times" (New York, New York) on July 30, 19337 (see scan below).
John and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 4 1940), 154 Riverway, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts:2
Henshaw, John H., head-of-household, age 30, born in New Jersey; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in New York City, New York; rented home ($80/month rent); occupation: assistant manager, plate glass company; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $2925 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Henshaw, Alice A., wife, age 28, born in Connecticut; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in New York City, New York.
Henshaw, John H Jr.
, son, age 6, born in New York; on Apr 1 1935 was living in New York City, New York; attended school.
Stressinger, Priscilla, maid, age 20, born in Massachusetts; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Cambridge, Massachusetts; occupation: governess, private family; worked 36 weeks in 1939; $196 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Alice died Mar 3 1983, Brunswick, Cumberland County, Maine; age 71.3,4,8,9
Alice's obituary was published in the "New York Times" (New York, New York) on March 5, 19838 (see scan below).
John Handy Henshaw died Mar 9 1998, Brunswick, Cumberland County, Maine; buried Chase-Jameson Cemetery, Brunswick, Cumberland County, Maine.3,4
Photo: John Handy Henshaw & Alice Anita Stevens wedding announcement "New York Times", Jul 30 1933
Photo: Obituary of Alice Anita Stevens "New York Times", Mar 5 1983
Social Security information for John Handy Henshaw: 135-07-0382
Social Security information for Alice Anita Stevens: 196-36-0352
- Obituary of John Handy Henshaw, Jr..
- 1940 census, 4th Ward, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts; roll T627-1662, ED 15-185, page 3B, line #46, household #140.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1920 census, Rye, Westchester County, New York; roll T625-1278, ED 168, page 3B, line #91, dwelling #45, family #46.
- 1930 census, Rye, Westchester County, New York; roll T626-1664, ED 337, page 1A, line #1, dwelling #1, family #1.
- "New York Times", Jul 30 1933; Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "New York Times", Mar 5 1983; Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Maine Death Index, 1960-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]