1. William Hinshaw (1808-1885) m Nancy Reynolds (c1833-1909)
2.. John Grant Henshaw (1874-1958) m Lucy May Frezell (1875-1948)
3... Ann Bernice Henshaw (1896-1979)
+Early Bright Milstead (1892-1967)
+Mathew Wolf (1886-1938)
+Ernest J. Eddings (1885-1945)
Ann Bernice Henshaw [ID 12790]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Ann Bernice Henshaw1,2 [Anna B. Hinshaw3, Annie B. Hinshaw4, Bernice Henshaw5,6,7].
Born Oct 3 1896, Greenville, Greene County, Tennessee.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
She married Early Bright Milstead1,5,8,9 [Earl Milstead7,10], about 19151,5,8,9. Early, son of John Bartholomew Milstead & Nancy Annie Allen, was born Feb 5 1892, Collin County, Texas.7,9
Bonnie Fay/Faye Milstead, born Feb 1 1916, McKinney, Texas; died Jan 8 1996, Riverside County, California; married 1) Robert James Egan, Feb 22 1936, Oakland, Alameda County, California; 2) Henry Sherley Titus, Nov 17 1937, Berkeley, Alameda County, California.
Bernice and Early divorced.9 Early remarried to DeLanie/Lanie Clement Sisco.1,9 Early died Feb 15 1967, McKinney, Collin County, Texas.1,7,9,10
Bernice and daughter were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 23 1920), living with her parents, Springdale Township, Washington County, Arkansas:5
Milstead, Bernice, daughter, age 23, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; widow.
Milstead, Bonnie Fay, grand-daughter, age 3 years 10 months, born in Texas; father born in Texas; mother born in Tennessee.
She then married Mathew Wolf12,13 [Mathew M. Wolfe14,15], Jul 7 192112,13, Benton County, Arkansas12,13. Mathew, son of William Finis Wolfe & Martha Almeda Graham, was born Aug 11 1886.12,14 (Sep 11 1885).15
Bernice and Mathew apparently divorced or separated. Mathew died Oct 10 1938, buried Plot I:Q-23, Wilson Cemetery, Lowell, Benton County, Arkansas.14
She then married Ernest J. Eddings, about 1929.6,8 Ernest, son of James Madison Eddings & Kissiah Anna "Annie" Poynor, was born Sep 17 1885, Strafford, Greene County, Missouri.6,8,14,15,16,17 Ernest had been previously married to an Ina/Ima Ila --,18 by whom she had a son, Harry Eddings (1923, Missouri).16,17
Bernice and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), 414 East 13th Street, Belleville, St. Clair County, Illinois:8
Eddings, E.J., head-of-household, age 44, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first married at age 43; rented home ($28 rent); no radio in home; occupation: moulder, foundry; not a war veteran.
Eddings, Bernice, wife, age 33, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 18.
Milstead, Bonifaye, step-daughter, age 14, born in Texas; father born in Texas; mother born in Tennessee; attended school.
Bernice and Ernest were shown in the 1931 city directory of Belleville, Illinois:18
Eddings Ernest J (Bernice) mldr h611 N Illinois
Bernice and Ernest were shown in the 1935 city directory of Belleville, Illinois:18
Eddings E J (Bernice) mldr h419 East A
Bernice and Ernest were shown in the 1937 city directory of Belleville, Illinois:18
Eddings Ernest J (Bernice) mldr Enterprise Fdy Co h221 Lebanon av
Bernice and Ernest were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 13 1940), living with her parents, Highway #133, Visalia Township, Tulare County, California:6
Eddings, Bernice, daughter, age 43, born in Tennessee; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Bellville, St. Clair County, Illinois; occupation: new worker, mgr, restaurant.
Eddings, Ernest, son-in-law, age 54, born in Missouri; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Bellville, St. Clair County, Illinois; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Bernice and Ernest divorced.16 Ernest died Dec 30 1945, at his home, 2425 Troost, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri; age 59y 3m 13d.14,16
She then married - Stroud.2,7
On Apr 24 1948 Mrs. Bernice Stroud applied for a miltary gravestone for her brother John Lynton Henshaw. She listed her address as P.O. Box 609, Chowchilla, Calif.19
Ann Bernice Henshaw died Nov 19 1979, Riverside County, California.1,2,7
Photo: Ernest J. Eddings death certificate Jackson County, Missouri [PDF]
Social Security information for Ann Bernice Henshaw: 550-24-3283
Social Security information for Early Bright Milstead: 453-38-2871
Social Security information for Ernest J. Eddings: 328-03-0389
- Ancestry Family Tree data "LATEST FTM JAN 2014_2014-01-21" posted by "merrilldarlington".
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Civil District 7, Greene County, Tennessee; roll T623-1573, ED 35, page 1B, line #80, dwelling #18, family #18.
- 1910 census, Justice District 1, Collin County, Texas; roll T624-1539, ED 1, page 12A, line #10, family #162.
- 1920 census, Springdale Township, Washington County, Arkansas; roll T625-84, ED 153, page 11A, line #221, dwelling #223, family #130.
- 1940 census, Visalia Township, Tulare County, California; roll T627-361, ED 54-82, page 8B, line #51, household #191.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Belleville, St. Clair County, Illinois; roll T626-555, ED 3, page 13A, line #18, dwelling #305, family #346.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Loveless-Kinard 2009-10-08" posted by "Jeb Loveless".
- Texas Death Index, 1903-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California, Marriage Records from Select Counties, 1850-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Glenda Mounger ().
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Murphy, Long, Henson, Wright & Lamb, Plumb, Mallonee, Wilson" posted by "sma1451".
- 1920 census, 925 Hamilton, Springfield, Greene County, Missouri; roll T625-915, ED 44, page 7B, line #55, dwelling #164, family #174.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]