1. Samuel Henshaw m Sarah Palmer
2.. Samuel Henshaw (1797-1883) m Elizabeth Coppin (1801-1890)
3... Samuel Wesley Henshaw (1828-1903) m Lydia Campbell (1834-1911)
4.... Burgess Henshaw (1870-1958)
+Margaret Horn (1881-1905)
5..... Mary Henshaw (1898-) 1
5..... George Franklin Henshaw (1900-1907) 2
+Henrietta - (?-<1958)
Burgess Henshaw [ID 12822]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Burgess Henshaw3,4 [Birdies Henshaw5, Burt Henshaw1,2, Bert Henshaw6, Albert Henshaw6,7].
Born Apr - 1870, Michigan.1 (Apr 16 1865).3,4,6,7 (c1864).5
He married Margaret Horn, about 1899.1,2 Margaret was born May - 1881, Scotland.1 (c1876).2
Burt and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 16 1900), living with his mother in Clyde Township, St. Clair County, Michigan:1
, head-of-household, age 66, born Feb 1834 in Canada; parents born in Canada; immigrated 1859, U.S. resident 40 years; widow; 10 children, 9 living; rented home.
Henshaw, Burt, son, age 30, born April 1870 in Michigan; father born in England; mother born in Canada; married 1 year; occupation: day laborer.
Henshaw, Margaret, daughter-in-law, age 19, born May 1881 in Scotland; parents born in Scotland; married 1 year; 1 child, 1 living.
Henshaw, MaryLiving three houses away in 1900 was the family of a George (born May 1853 in Scotland) Horn,8 possibly Margaret's uncle.9
, granddaughter, age 2, born May 1898 in Michigan; father born in Michigan; mother born in Scotland.
Margaret died Dec 24 1905, Port Huron, St. Clair County, Michigan; age 29y 7m.2 Medical: Margaret died from pneumonia.2
In the record of the death of son George in 1907, Burt was shown as then-residing in Michigan, yet the record also shows wife Margaret resided in Scotland.2
He then married Henrietta -.7
Henrietta died before Sep 18 1958.7
Burgess Henshaw died Sep 18 1958, Alpena, Alpena County, Michigan; age 93.6,7
- 1900 census, Clyde Township, St. Clair County, Michigan; roll T623-741, ED 80, page 9A, line #18, dwelling #189, family #189.
- St. Clair County, Michigan, Index to Deaths 1890-1932; USGenWeb:
- 1870 census, Kenokee Township, St. Clair County, Michigan; page 256, line #10, dwelling #82, family #82.
- 1894 state census, Clyde Township, St. Clair County, Michigan; USGenWeb:
- 1880 census, Kenokee Township, St. Clair County, Michigan; roll T9-0605, ED 379', page 273D, line #1, dwelling #198, family #208.
- Michigan, Deaths and Burials Index, 1867-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Clyde Township, St. Clair County, Michigan; roll T623-741, ED 80, page 9A, line #5, dwelling #186, family #186.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]