1. George Henshaw (c1799-1880) m Ann Wheeler (c1798-?)
2.. Morgan Henshaw (1834-1917) m Janet McGill (1839-1926)
3... George H. Henshaw (1869-1943) m Ellen Ramsey "Nellie" Hood (1875-1956)
4.... Clay Hood Henshaw (1899-1973)
+Gladys Fern May (1901-1996)
5..... Clayton Clinton Henshaw (1921-1988) 1
5..... Rodney Chester Henshaw (1922-1978) 1
5..... Billy D. Henshaw (1924-1995) 1,2
5..... Richard Keith "Pete" Henshaw (1925-2000) 1
Clay Hood Henshaw [ID 12835]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 5 1899, Albany, Linn County, Oregon.1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
On Sep 12 1918 Clay Hood Henshaw, age 19, registered for the World War I draft in Albany, Linn County, Oregon. He declared he was born Sept. 5 1899, and was then residing in Albany where he was farming. He declared his nearest relative was Nellie Henshaw of Albany. He was recorded as tall, slender, blue eyes, light brown hair.6
He married Gladys Fern May, Jun 30 1920, Linn County, Oregon.1,10 Gladys was born Dec 5 1901, Missouri.1,8,9,11
Clay and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 23 1930), Linn County, Oregon:1
Henshaw, Clay H., head-of-household, age 30, born in Oregon; parents born in Canada; first married at age 20; rented home; farmer.
Henshaw, Gladys F., wife, age 32, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first married at age 18.
Henshaw, Clayton C.
, son, age 9, born in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Missouri; attended school.
Henshaw, Rodney C.
, son, age 7, born in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Missouri; attended school.
Henshaw, Billie D.
, son, age 5, born in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Missouri.
Henshaw, R. KeithLiving next door in 1930 were Clay's parents.12
, son, age 4, born in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Missouri.
Clay Hood Henshaw died Oct 22 1973, Albany, Linn County, Oregon.3,8,9 Death certificate #73-16259.9
Gladys died Apr 19 1996, Linn County, Oregon.8,9 Death certificate #96-08660.9
Photo: Clay Hood Henshaw World War I draft registration card
Social Security information for Clay Hood Henshaw: 540-40-1873
Social Security information for Gladys Fern May: 544-12-8269
- 1930 census, Tangent Precinct, Linn County, Oregon; roll T626-1947, ED 60, page 5A, line #16, dwelling #78, family #78.
- Linn County, Oregon World War II casualties; USGenWeb Archives:
- Contribution from Sheri Henshaw Neuschwander ().
- 1900 census, Tangent Precinct, Linn County, Oregon; roll T623-1349, ED 50, page 9A, line #16, dwelling #173, family #178.
- 1910 census, Tangent Precinct, Linn County, Oregon; roll T624-1283, ED 197, page 242B, line #51, dwelling #36, family #36.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Tangent Precinct, Linn County, Oregon; roll T625-1496, ED 291, page 2A, line #21, dwelling #28-29, family #29-30.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-1970; Ancestry.com.
- Oregon Marriages, 1906-20; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Tangent Precinct, Linn County, Oregon; roll T626-1947, ED 60, page 5A, line #22, dwelling #79, family #79.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]