George Washington Hinshaw
1. George Washington Hinshaw (1852-?) m Nancy Jane Foster (1854-?)
2.. George Washington Hinshaw (1881-?)
+Bettie Sue Sims (c1890-1928)
3... George W. Hinshaw, Jr. (1908-1965) 1,2
3... (male child) Hinshaw 2
3... James Hinshaw (1910-) 1,2
3... John Turner Henshaw (1911-1917) 3,4
3... Mose Hinshaw (1913-1914) 3,4
3... Mattie Henshaw (1917-1917) 3,4
3... Hattie Henshaw (1917-1917) 3,4
3... Ray Bunch Henshaw (1918-1977) 5
3... Herman William Hinshaw (1923-1925) 3,4
3... (baby boy) Hinshaw (1926-1927) 3
3... Sallie Ann Henshaw (1928-2015) 6
George Washington Hinshaw [ID 12845]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep - 1881, Alabama.7 (c1888, Alabama).1 (Sep 10 1889, Franklin County, Tennessee).2,3,8
He married Bettie Sue Sims, Jul 14 1907, Franklin County, Tennessee.1,2,3,4,9 Bettie, daughter of Felix Sims & Fannie Prince, was born about 1890, Alabama.1,4,10 (c1894).2
George and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 30 1910), Franklin County, Tennessee:1
Hinshaw, George Jr., head-of-household, age 22, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Georgia; first marriage, married 3 years; occupation: farm laborer, working out; rented home; cannot read or write.
Hinshaw, Bettie, wife, age 20, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first marriage, married 3 years; 2 children, 2 living.
, daughter [sic], age 2, born in Tennessee; parents born in Alabama.
Hinshaw, JimmieLiving next door in 1910 were George's parents and siblings.11
, son, age 1 month, born in Tennessee; parents born in Alabama.
On Jun 5 1917 George Hinshaw, age 27, registered for the World War I draft in Franklin County, Tennessee. He declared he was born Sept 10 1889 in Franklin County, Tennessee, and was then residing in Decherd, Tennessee, occupied as a farm laborer, with a dependent wife and five children. No previous military experience. He was recorded as tall, slender, blue eyes, brown hair. Signed with an X "George Hinshaw".."his mark".8
George and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 24-26 1920), Cowan, Franklin County, Tennessee:2
Hinshaw, George W., head-of-household, age 30, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; rented home; occupation: farm laborer.
Hinshaw, Bettie E., wife, age 26, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama.
, son, age 10, born in Tennessee; parents born in Alabama; attended school.
Bettie died Sep 24 1928, Franklin County, Tennessee; age 38.4,10 Bettie died due to complications from childbirth10 (presumably after the birth of daughter Sallie).
- 1910 census, Civil District 2, Franklin County, Tennessee; ED 21, page 40A (sheet 8A), line #38, dwelling #153, family #153.
- 1920 census, Cowan, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T625-1739, ED 29, page 19A, line #43, dwelling #324, family #401.
- Tennessee, Death Records, 1908-1959; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Tennessee, Deaths and Burials Index, 1874-1955; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Sallie Ann Henshaw obituary.
- 1900 census, Civil District 16, Franklin County, Tennessee; roll T623-1570, ED 29, page 11B, line #65, dwelling #199, family #203.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Tennessee, Death Records, 1908-1958; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Civil District 2, Franklin County, Tennessee; ED 21, page 40A (sheet 8A), line #31, dwelling #152, family #152.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]