1. William Hinshaw (1808-1885) m Nancy Reynolds (c1833-1909)
2.. Andrew Jackson Hinshaw (1861-1925) m Ruth Adaline Waits (1860-1922)
3... Dan Joseph Henshaw (1898-1961)
+Hilda Lee Bryant (1899-1973)
4.... Lou Alma Henshaw (c1921-) 1,2
4.... Jack Wafford Henshaw (1925-1987) 1
4.... Billy Dan Henshaw (1928-1995) 1,2,3,4,5
Dan Joseph Henshaw [ID 12919]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Dan Joseph Henshaw3 [Daniel Henshaw6, Joseph Dan Henshaw7, Joel B. Hinshaw8].
Born Jul 17 1898, Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee.1,6,7,8,9,10
On Sep 12 1918 Dan Henshaw, age 19, registered for the World War I draft in McKinney, Collin County, Texas. He declared he was born July 17 1898, and was then residing in McKinney, Texas, occupied as a farmer. He declared his nearest relative was A J Henshaw of McKinney. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair. His draft registration card was signed with "his + mark".9
He married Hilda Lee Bryant, about 1921.1,3 Hilda was born Mar 19 1899, Texas.1,11
Dan and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 16 1930), Martin County, Texas:1
Henshaw, Dan, head-of-household, age 31, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 22; occupation: farmer, farm; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Hilda L., wife, age 30, born in Texas; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Alabama; first married at age 21.
Henshaw, Lou A.
, daughter, age 9, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Texas; attended school.
Henshaw, Jack W.
, son, age 5, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Texas.
Henshaw, Billie D.Living next door in 1930 was the family of brother Everett.12
, son, age 2 years 2 months, born in Texas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Texas.
Dan and Hilda were divorced or separated.13
Hilda and children were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 20 1940), 704 Colorado, Midland, Midland County, Texas:2
Henshaw, Hilda, head-of-household, age 38, born in Texas; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; rented home ($6/month rent); occupation: manager r[..unclear..], steam laundry; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $364 wages in 1939.
Henshaw, Lou Alma
, daughter, age 19, born in Texas; completed 7th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; occupation: manager r[..unclear..], steam laundry; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $260 wages in 1939.
Henshaw, Billy Dan
, son, age 12, born in Texas; completed 3rd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; attended school.
In 1973 Hilda was living in/near Midland, Midland County, Texas.11 Hilda died Dec 31 1973, Midland County, Texas.11,13
Dan Joseph Henshaw died Mar 1 1961, Midland Memorial Hospital, Midland, Midland County, Texas; age 62.7
Photo: Joseph Dan Henshaw death certificate Midland County, Texas
Social Security information for Hilda Lee Bryant: 462-16-0278
- 1930 census, Precinct 1, Martin County, Texas; roll T626-2374, ED 2, page 4B-5A, line #97, dwelling #83, family #84.
- 1940 census, Midland, Midland County, Texas; roll T627-4105, ED 165-3A, page 12B, line #57, household #273.
- Dickens County, Texas, Births - 1928; USGenWeb Archives.
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1932; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Precinct 1, Collin County, Texas; roll T624-1539, ED 2, page 10A, line #15, dwelling #131, family #133.
- Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Civil District 6, Greene County, Tennessee; roll T623-1573, ED 34, page 11A, line #42, dwelling #208, family #208.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Precinct 8, Denton County, Texas; roll T625-1796, ED 68, page 14A, line #13, dwelling #180, family #183.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Precinct 1, Martin County, Texas; roll T626-2374, ED 2, page 5A, line #2, dwelling #84, family #85.
- Texas Deaths, 1964-98; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]