1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Dorothy Lennox 6...... John Hinshaw (1724-1783) m Rebecca Wethereld (c1731-1783) 7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1764-1822) m Rebecca Holliday (1764-1848) 8........ Stephen Hinshaw (1803-1854) m Gulia Elma Maria Hoover (1806-1873) 9......... Thomas Hinshaw (1832-1872) +Susannah D. Dimmitt (1836-1854) 10.......... Jacob Ellis Hinshaw (1852-1887) 10.......... Thomas S. Hinshaw (1854-1862) +Juretta J. Evans (1830-1863) 10.......... Franklin Parker Hinshaw (1857-1941) 10.......... Martha Ellen Hinshaw (1859-1921) 10.......... Selmina A. Hinshaw (1860-1862) +Lydia Davis (1838-1915) 10.......... Stephen Hinshaw 10.......... Guielma Hinshaw 10.......... Elma J. Hinshaw (1866-1866) 10.......... Henry S. Hinshaw (1867-1868) 10.......... Perry Thomas Hinshaw (1871-1939)
|Thomas Hinshaw     [ID 01302]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Feb 26 1832, near Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana.47,53,55,65,221,a
Thomas Hinshaw was shown in the 1850 census, Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana, living in the household of Stephen and Mary Macy, as follows:b
At Richland MM on 5-31-1854, Thomas & wife Susannah and minor son Jacob Ellis were received on a certificate from Spring Creek MM [Iowa].53
Susannah died 10-18-1854, Poplar Ridge MM, near Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana.53,65,d
He then married Juretta J. Evans, Sep 20 1855, Carmel, Hamilton County, Indiana.47,65,77,e    (Jaretta J. Evans)f    (Juliette Evans)55    Juretta, daughter of Jonathan R. Evans & Martha Thornburg, was born 1-9-1830, Indiana.53,65
At Richland MM on 10-31-1855, Thomas was reported married contrary to discipline and was disowned.53
At Richland MM on 7-30-1856, Thomas was received in membership.53
Thomas and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 14 1860), Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:g
Juretta died 4-3-1863, Poplar Ridge MM, near Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana; buried Carmel Cemetery, Carmel, Indiana.53,65,d
He then married Lydia Davis, Aug 17 1864, Hamilton County, Indiana.j,53,55,56,65    Lydia, daughter of Henry Davis & Lydia Howard, was born Jul 27 1838, Hamilton County, Indiana.53,65,a,k,l
At Poplar Ridge MM on 6-29-1868, Lydia was received in membership.53
At Poplar Ridge MM on 4-7-1870, Thomas & Lydia were granted a certificate to Cottonwood MM, Kansas.53
At Cottonwood MM on 5-7-1870, Lydia Hinshaw (formerly Davis) & husband Thomas and children Stephen & Guielma & Martha Ellen were received on a certificate from Poplar Ridge MM dated 4-4-1870, "returned to Indiana".m
Thomas Hinshaw died Sep 5 1872, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; buried Cottonwood Cemetery, Emporia, Kansas.55,65,55,103,a,n    (Sep 6 1872).221
Lydia apparently remarried to a -- Smith.    Lydia and son Perry were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 5 1880), Fremont Township, Lyon County, Kansas:o
At Cottonwood MM on 1-18-1894, Lydia was granted a certificate to Eagletown MM, Indiana.m
Widow Lydia was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 18 1900), living alone in Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:k
Photo: Gravestone: Thomas Hinshaw p
Photo: Gravestone: Thomas Hinshaw n
Photo: Gravestone: Lydia Davis p
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
53. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
55. "Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family", Herbert Hoover Institute, 929.2 H789 in a local library.
56. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Kansas.
59. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
65. "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw" by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw), in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
77. "The Hinshaw Record" by Lyle Harris Hadley, Florida (1965), in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0962525, item 10.
103. "Additions, Corrections, & Comments - Abstracts of the Record of the Society of Friends in Indiana", by Roger S. Boone, 1978, Springfield, Ohio; In the Newberry Library in Chicago.
221. Family bible, originally owned by James F. Haines, passed down to Martha Ruddell Haines & Enos Hinshaw, then to James Thomas Hinshaw, Etta Margaret Hinshaw, George Wesley Hinshaw, and Raymond James Hinshaw. Contributed by Hilfred Hoffman ()
(a) Contribution from Robert S. Hinshaw citing: gravestone.
(b) 1850 census, Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll 148, page 28; dwelling #23.
(c) Contribution from Alice Daniels ().
(d) GEDCOM file h5142.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(e) Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 13, page 384).
(f) Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 1, page 345).
(g) 1860 census, Carmel P.O., Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; page 391-392, line #40, dwelling #1246, family #1246.
(h) 1860 census, Carmel P.O., Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; page 392, line #6, dwelling #1247, family #1247.
(i) 1860 census, Carmel P.O., Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M653-263, page 392, line #9, dwelling #1248, family #1248.
(j) Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 2, page 464).
(k) 1900 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 93, page 12A, line #30, dwelling #286, family #290.
(l) 1910 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T624-353, ED 112, page 266B, line #53, family #209.
(m) Contribution from Robert S. Hinshaw citing:
"Monthly Meetings Records of Four Friends Churches".
(o) 1880 census, Fremont Township, Lyon County, Kansas; roll T9-0387, ED 106, page 246B, line #45, dwelling #54, family #54.
(p) Photo courtesy of Robert S. Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]