1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. William Henshaw (1767-1822) m Jerusha Brace (?-1822)
3... John Brace Henshaw (1803-1875) m Cynthia Henshaw (1807-?)
4.... Oscar Freeman Henshaw (1826-1907) m Clara Brown (1832-1899)
5..... Horace S. Henshaw (1859-1917)
+Clara A. Shain (1857-?)
6...... Orin G. Henshaw (1880-?) 1,2,3
6...... Carrie Henshaw (c1882-?) 2,3
Horace S. Henshaw [ID 13069]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jul - 1859, Taylor County, Iowa.2,3,4,5
He married Clara A. Shain6 [Clara Shane1], Sep 30 18796, Greene County, Iowa6. Clara was born Mar - 18571,3 [about 18612], Taylor County, Iowa1,3.
Horace and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 8 1880), Malvern, Mills County, Iowa:1
Henshaw, Horace, age 21, born in New York; barber.
Henshaw, Clara, wife, age 23, born in Iowa; father born in Ohio; mother born in Michigan.
, son, age 3 months, born Mch  in Iowa; father born in New York; mother born in Iowa.
Shane, Dora, sister-in-law, age 18, born in Iowa; father born in Ohio; mother born in Michigan.
Horace and family were shown in the 1885 Iowa State Census, 5th Street and North Prominade Street, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa:2
Horace S. Henshaw, age 25, born in Taylor County, Iowa.
Clara Henshaw, age 24, born in Taylor County, Iowa.
Listed at the same location (address), but enumerated on a different census page, were Horace's father and mother.7
Horace and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 8 1900), 616 South 15[th street], St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri:3
Henshaw, Horace, head-of-household, age 40, born July 1859 in Iowa; parents born in New York; married 21 years; occupation: salesman; rented home.
Henshaw, Clara A, wife, age 43, born Mar 1857 in Iowa; father born in Ohio; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 21 years; 2 children, 2 living.
Henshaw, Oran G
, son, age 18, born Apr 1882 in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; occupation: clerk.
, daughter, age 16, born July 1883 in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school 9 months; occupation: stenographer.
Horace S. Henshaw died May - 1917, buried Clarinda Cemetery, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa.8
- 1880 census, Malvern, Mills County, Iowa; roll T9-356, ED 131, page 358B, line #38, dwelling #307, family #316.
- 1885 Iowa State Census, 2nd Ward, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; page #213, line #14, dwelling #13, family #13.
- 1900 census, 5th Ward, St. Joseph, Washington Township, Buchanan County, Missouri; roll T623-842, ED 63, page 12A, line #11, dwelling #198, family #226.
- 1860 census, Nodaway Township, Taylor County, Iowa; page 54, line #14, dwelling #378, family #375.
- 1870 census, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; page 477, line #23, dwelling #274, family #276.
- Iowa Marriages, 1851-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1885 Iowa State Census, 2nd Ward, Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Page County, Iowa; page #224, line #29, dwelling #94, family #94.
- WPA Iowa Graves Registration Survey; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:55 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]