1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Dorothy Lennox 6...... John Hinshaw (1724-1783) m Rebecca Wethereld (c1731-1783) 7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1764-1822) m Rebecca Holliday (1764-1848) 8........ Stephen Hinshaw (1803-1854) m Gulia Elma Maria Hoover (1806-1873) 9......... Martha Ann Hinshaw (1844-1901) +Smith Estes (1844-1868) +Stephen H. Rich (1849-1942)
|Martha Ann Hinshaw     [ID 01307]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Dec 20 1844, Carmel, Hamilton County, Indiana.47,55,65,77,103,221
She married Smith Estes, Aug 10 1865, Carmel, Hamilton County, Indiana.47,55,65,a    Smith was born Sep 26 1844.65
Smith died Oct 14 1868, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; buried Cottonwood Cemetery, Emporia, Kansas.65
She then married Stephen H. Rich, Apr 17 1870, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas.55,65,77    Stephen, son of Richard Rich & Hannah Hinshaw, was born Aug 22 1849, Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.65,77
Martha and Stephen were first cousins: Stephen's mother, Hannah Hinshaw, was a sister of Martha's father, Stephen Hinshaw.65
Martha Ann Hinshaw died 1-22-1901, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; buried Cottonwood Cemetery, Emporia, Kansas.55,65,77
After Martha's death, Stephen remarried on February 17, 1902 to Hulda E. Rich, another cousin.65,77
Stephen died Sep 5 1942, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; buried Cottonwood Cemetery, Emporia, Kansas.65
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
55. "Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family", Herbert Hoover Institute, 929.2 H789 in a local library.
65. "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw" by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw), in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
77. "The Hinshaw Record" by Lyle Harris Hadley, Florida (1965), in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0962525, item 10.
103. "Additions, Corrections, & Comments - Abstracts of the Record of the Society of Friends in Indiana", by Roger S. Boone, 1978, Springfield, Ohio; In the Newberry Library in Chicago.
221. Family bible, originally owned by James F. Haines, passed down to Martha Ruddell Haines & Enos Hinshaw, then to James Thomas Hinshaw, Etta Margaret Hinshaw, George Wesley Hinshaw, and Raymond James Hinshaw. Contributed by Hilfred Hoffman ()
(a) Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 2, page 529).
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]