1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Dorothy Lennox
6...... John Hinshaw (1724-1783) m Rebecca Wethereld (c1731-1783)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1764-1822) m Rebecca Holliday (1764-1848)
8........ Stephen Hinshaw (1803-1854) m Gulia Elma Maria Hoover (1806-1873)
9......... Ira P. Hinshaw (1847-1913)
+Gulielma Penn Hiatt (1849-1932)
10.......... Clara Valetta Hinshaw (1870-1958) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
10.......... Sabina Rosetta Hinshaw (1873-1959) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
10.......... Isadore May Hinshaw (1877-1909) 3,4,5,6,7
10.......... Mary Hannah Etta Hinshaw (1879-1884) 1,3,4,5,6,7
10.......... Millicent Jane Hinshaw (1881-1881) 1,3,4,5,6
Ira P. Hinshaw [ID 01308]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Ira P. Hinshaw3,4,5,6,9,10,11,12,13 [Indiana Hinshaw14].
Born Mar 22 1847, Carmel, Hamilton County, Indiana.3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,15
He married Gulielma Penn Hiatt1,4,5,10 [Guielma Hiatt3, Gulia Elma Hiatt4, Julia Elma Hiatt16,17], Nov 14 18691,4,5,10 [Nov 21 186916], Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas1,4,5,10. Gulielma, daughter of Curtis Hiatt & Sabina Moon, was born Dec 31 1849, Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.2,3,4,5,7,15
Note that four Hiatts from this family married Hinshaws: Gulielma to Ira, Gulielma's sister Sarah Ann to Ira's brother Andrew, and Gulielma's brothers William Bentley and Abel Robert to Ira's 3rd cousins (and sisters) Ruth and Anna Hinshaw.5
Ira and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 11 1880), Emporia Township, Lyon County, Kansas:7
Hinshaw, Ira, age 33, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Hinshaw, July E., wife, age 30, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Hinshaw, Sabina R.
, daughter, age 7, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Ira and family were shown in the 1912 city directory of Emporia, Kansas:17
Hinshaw Ira (Julia Elma), b 820 Commercial.
Widow Gulielma and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), 820 Commercial Street, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas:2
Hinshaw, G.P., head-of-household, age 80, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in North Carolina; widow; rented home ($40 rent); no radio in home; occupation: none.
Heat [unclear], Eli, brother, age 87, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in North Carolina; widower; occupation: none; not a veteran.
, daughter, age 57, born in Kansas; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; widow; occupation: none.
Lynn, Bertha, roomer, age 20, born in Kansas; father born in U.S.; mother born in Scotland; single; occupation: bookeeper, retail hardware store.
Lynn, Pearl, roomer, age 24, born in Kansas; father born in U.S.; mother born in Scotland; single; occupation: bookeeper, retail hardware store.
Kelley, ClaraLiving next door in 1930 was the family of nephew Stephen Curtis Hinshaw.18
, daughter, age 60, born in Kansas; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; widow; occupation: none.
Ira P. Hinshaw died Jan 15 1913, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; buried Cottonwood Cemetery, Emporia, Kansas.3,4,5,15
Gulielma died Dec 30 1932, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; buried Cottonwood Cemetery, Emporia, Kansas.3,4,5,15
Photo: gravestone, Ira P. Hinshaw & Gulielma Penn Hiatt Cottonwood Cemetery, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Kansas.
- 1930 census, 4th Ward, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; roll T626-709, ED 17, page 4A, line #2, dwelling #2, family #2.
- "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw"
by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
- "The Hinshaw Record" by Lyle Harris Hadley, Florida (1965),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0962525, item 10.
- "Hiatt-Hiett Genealogy and Family History" by William Perry Johnson,
microfilm #1421712, item 5, in the LDS Family History Library.
- GEDCOM file h5142.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Emporia Township, Lyon County, Kansas; roll T9-0387, ED 110, page 295C-D, line #48, dwelling #140, family #142.
- RootsWeb California Death Records database:
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Genealogy of the Herbert Hoover Family", Herbert Hoover Institute,
929.2 H789 in a local library.
- "Additions, Corrections, & Comments - Abstracts of the Record of the
Society of Friends in Indiana", by Roger S. Boone, 1978, Springfield,
Ohio; In the Newberry Library in Chicago.
- Family bible, originally owned by James F. Haines, passed down to Martha Ruddell Haines & Enos Hinshaw,
then to James Thomas Hinshaw, Etta Margaret Hinshaw, George Wesley Hinshaw,
and Raymond James Hinshaw. Contributed by Hilfred Hoffman ()
- 1850 census, Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll 148, page 39; dwelling #162.
- 1860 census, Carmel P.O., Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; page 393, line #30, dwelling #1261, family #1261.
- Lyon County, Kansas, Marriage Records, 1856-1919; USGenWeb Archives:
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, 4th Ward, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; roll T626-709, ED 17, page 4A, line #8, dwelling #3, family #3.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 19:59:42 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]