1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... William Hinshaw (1715-1803) m Mary Courtney
7....... William Hinshaw m Rachel Martin (1758-1849)
8........ Adam Hinshaw (1789-1861) m Sarah Wells (1801-1860)
9......... Benjamin Hinshaw (1831-1882) m Rachel Hutchens (1838-1895)
10.......... Herman Otis Henshaw (1872-c1956)
+Pauline Goelzer (1881-1942)
Herman Otis Henshaw [ID 13756]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Oct 17 1872, near Sycamore Creek, Morgan County, Indiana.1,2,3
Herman was shown in the 1890 directory of Detroit, Michigan, apparently living with his mother and siblings:4
Herman O. Henshaw; address: boards 23 Wing Pl.
Herman was shown in the 1900 census, living in the household of sister Lottie at 1900 North Broadway, St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri.5
Herman was shown in the 1920 census, living as a boarder at 732 Plankenton Ave. in Cudahy, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin:6
Henshaw, Herman, roomer, age 47, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: assembler, automobile co.
He married Pauline Goelzer, about 1921.1,3 Pauline, daughter of Jacob Goelzer, was born Jul - 1881, Wisconsin.1,3,7,8,9
Herman and Pauline were shown in the 1930 census, 667 Indiana Ave., Milwaukee, Wisconsin:3
Henshaw, Herman, head-of-household, age 57, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 48; owned home ($7200 value); radio in home; occupation: assembler, automobile co; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Pauline, wife, age 48, born in Wisconsin; father born in Bavaria - Germany; mother born in Wisconsin; first married at age 31.
In 1942 Herman and Pauline were living at 3153 S. Indiana Ave., Milwaukee, Wisconsin.10
Pauline died Sep 3 1942, age 61.10
Pauline's obituary was published in the "Milwaukee Journal" (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) on September 4, 1942 (Section L page 15)10 (see scan below).
Herman Otis Henshaw died about 1956.1
Photo: Herman Henshaw 1906
Photo: Herman Henshaw 1947
Photo: Pauline Goelzer obituary "Milwaukee Journal", Sep 4 1942
- Contribution from Rick Dahlgren ().
- 1880 census, 23rd Ward, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; roll T9-0296, ED 129, page 721C, line #30, dwelling #213, family #239.
- 1930 census, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin; roll T626-2592, page 18B, line #55, dwelling #10, family #14.
- Detroit, Michigan Directory, 1890; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Rick Dahlgren () citing:
1900 census, North Broadway, St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri;.
- 1920 census, Cudahy, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin; roll T625-1997, ED 1, page 25A, line #8, dwelling #119, family #170.
- 1900 census, 5th Ward, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin; roll T623-1801, ED 35, page 14B, line #53, dwelling #244, family #298.
- 1910 census, 5th Ward, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin; roll T624-1724, ED 47, page 12B, line #73, dwelling #217, family #265.
- 1920 census, 5th Ward, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin; roll T625-1999, ED 72, page 2A, line #18, dwelling #22, family #24.
- Obituary of Pauline Henshaw; "Milwaukee Journal", Sep 4 1942;
photocopy provided by John Von Haden: http://www.wisconsinancestors.com.
- Photo courtesy of Rick Dahlgren ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]