1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... William Hinshaw (1759-1807) m Margaret Hunt (1765-1828)
8........ Ezra Hinshaw (1797-1874) m Jane Woodward (1798-1882)
9......... William Hinshaw (1826-1885) m Louisa Stather (1828-1863)
10.......... Alta Hinshaw (1860-?)
Alta Hinshaw [ID 01383]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 5-1-1860, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5
She married James Smithson.1,2
Note that Alta's sister Margaret also reportedly married James Smithson2 (presumably the same James Smithson). It is unknown what the circumstances were, but apparently he married one of these Hinshaw sisters first, that one (which one unknown) presumably died, and then he married the other sister.6
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1860 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; page 854, line #13, dwelling #841, family #841.
- 1870 census, South English P.O., Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll M593-402, page 426, line #39, dwelling #279, family #282.
- 1880 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T9-0349, ED 160, page 200C, line #20, dwelling #134, family #154.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]