1. Andrew M. Hinchey (1796-?) m Emeline Vass (1803-?)
2.. American Snow Hinchey (1834-1865) m Hannah Duncan (c1834-1919)
3... Rufus Dillard Hinchee (1859-1920) m Virginia Louise "Jennie" Trenor (1865-1939)
4.... Amah Chapman Hinchee (1888-1960)
+Ada Rose Wiseman (1892-1974)
5..... Orville D. Hinchee (1917-1955) 1,2,3
Amah Chapman Hinchee [ID 14143]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Oct 19 1888, Craig County, Virginia.1,4,5,6,7,8
He married Ada Rose Wiseman, Jan 5 1910, Monroe County, West Virginia.9 Ada, daughter of William Wiseman & Bettie McCormick, was born Aug 4 1892, Union, Monroe County, West Virginia.2,6
Amah and Ada were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 30 1910), living with Amah's parents and family, Sweet Springs District, Monroe County, West Virginia:6
Hinchee, Amah C, son, age 22, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first marriage, married 3 months; occupation: carpenter, house.
Hinchee, Ada R, daughter-in-law, age 17, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; first marriage, married 3 months.
Amah Chapman Hinchee died Dec 24 1960, at his home, 3416 Williamson Road N.W., Roanoke, Virginia; age 72.1,7
Ada died Nov 4 1974, Lewis-Gale Hospital, Salem, Virginia; age 84.2
Photo: Amah Hinchee marriage record Monroe County, West Virginia
- LDS FamilySearch, "Virginia Births and Christenings, 1853-1917":
- 1900 census, Sweet Springs District, Monroe County, West Virginia; roll T623-1767, ED 98, page 13A, line #15, dwelling #234, family #245.
- 1910 census, Sweet Springs District, Monroe County, West Virginia; roll T624-1690, ED 102, page 15A-B, line #49, dwelling #260, family #267.
- Virginia, Death Records, 1912-2014; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Amah Hinchee marriage record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]