1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... William Hinshaw (1759-1807) m Margaret Hunt (1765-1828)
8........ Ezra Hinshaw (1797-1874) m Jane Woodward (1798-1882)
9......... William Hinshaw (1826-1885) m Louisa Stather (1828-1863)
10.......... Alpheus Milikan Hinshaw (1855-1930) m Frances Ann Whistler (1857-1921)
11........... Leonard A. Hinshaw (1886-1957)
+Jessie Whinery (1886-1954)
12............ Alberta Louise Hinshaw (1908-1998) 1,2,3
12............ Esther Marie Hinshaw 1
12............ Floyd L. Hinshaw (1913-1988) 1,2,3
Leonard A. Hinshaw [ID 01424]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 7 18861,3,4,5,6 [Nov 1 18867], Radcliff, Hardin County, Iowa1,3,4,5,6.
He married Jessie Whinery, Oct 23 1907.1,2 Jessie, daughter of Albert Whinery & Ednamargery "Edna" Kinzer1,8, was born Jun 17 18861,8 [about 18893], Bangor, Marshall County, Iowa1,8.
At Bangor MM on 10-14-1914, Jessie was received by request.1
At Bangor MM on 5-17-1916, Leonard was received on a certificate from Stanford MM, Iowa.1
At Bangor MM on 10-18-1916, Leonard & Jessie requested the meeting receive their children Floyd & Alberta.1
At Bangor MM on 11-17-1921, Leonard & family were granted a certificate to Stanford MM, Iowa.1
Leonard and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa:3
Hinshaw, Leonard A., head-of-household, age 44, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 22; owned home; radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Jessie, wife, age 41, born in Iowa; father born in Ohio; mother born in Iowa; first married at age 19.
Living next door on one side in 1930 was the family of sister Lake;9 on the other side was the family of widowed sister Elsie.10
Jessie died 1954, buried Bangor Friends Cemetery, Bangor, Marshall County, Iowa.11
Leonard A. Hinshaw died 1957, buried Bangor Friends Cemetery, Bangor, Marshall County, Iowa.12
Photo: Leonard A. Hinshaw & Jessie Whinery gravestone Bangor Friends Cemetery
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1930 census, Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T626-668, ED 1, page 5A, line #26, dwelling #115, family #115.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
- Iowa State Census, 1895; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Bangar Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T623-447, ED 105, page 1B, line #60, dwelling #12, family #13.
- U.S., Hinshaw Index to Selected Quaker Records, 1680-1940; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Ned Horton, James Garner and cousins ().
- 1930 census, Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T626-668, ED 1, page 5A, line #30, dwelling #116, family #116.
- 1930 census, Bangor Township, Marshall County, Iowa; roll T626-668, ED 1, page 5A, line #20, dwelling #114, family #114.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]