1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Smith Hancher (c1798-1865) m Mary Steward (?-1842)
5..... William Ross Hanshaw (1825-1894) m Mary Ann Jackson (1833-1893)
6...... William Ulysses Grant Hanshaw (1863-1950) m Winifred Miller (1874-?)
7....... Alma Ethel Hanshaw (1894-1969)
Alma Ethel Hanshaw [ID 14372]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Oct 1 1894, near Douds, Van Buren County, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
In 1969 Alma was living in/near Douds, Van Buren County, Iowa.7
Alma Ethel Hanshaw died Dec 2 1969, Keosaugua, Van Buren County, Iowa.1,7,8 Alma apparently never married.
Alma's obituary was published on Tuesday, December 2, 1969:8
Alma Hanshaw Taken in Death
Douds -- Alma E. Hanshaw, 75, Douds, died Tuesday at Memorial Hospital in Keosauqua. Services are pending at the Pedrick Funeral Home. Miss Hanshaw lived on the same farm one mile west of Douds for 74 years. She was born Oct. 1 1894 near Douds, the daughter of Grant and Winifred Miller Hanshaw. Miss Hanshaw is survied by one sister, Mrs. Henry Nichols, Fairfield: one brother Frost Hanshaw of Douds. She was a Member of the Frist Church of God of Ottumwa.
Social Security information for Alma Ethel Hanshaw: 481-46-1108
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jackie L. Wolfe.
- 1895 Iowa State census, Chequesh Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; page 94, line #30, dwelling #25, family #25; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1900 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; ED 104, page 162A, line #28, dwelling #183, family #183.
- 1910 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T624-425, ED 117, page 193B, line #92, dwelling #328, family #328.
- 1920 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T625-516, ED 121, page 5A, line #12, dwelling #106, family #107.
- 1930 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T626-685, ED 24, page 9B, line #97, dwelling #237, family #239.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Obituary of Alma E. Hanshaw; unknown newspaper, Dec 2 1969; contributed by Jackie L. Wolfe.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]