Forrest H. "Frosty" Hanshaw
1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Smith Hancher (c1798-1865) m Mary Steward (?-1842)
5..... William Ross Hanshaw (1825-1894) m Mary Ann Jackson (1833-1893)
6...... William Ulysses Grant Hanshaw (1863-1950) m Winifred Miller (1874-?)
7....... Forrest H. "Frosty" Hanshaw (1899-1988)
+Bessie M. Smith (1904-1982)
8........ Kathleen Marie Hanshaw (1924-1990) 1
8........ Lavon I. Hanshaw (1925-) 1,2
Forrest H. "Frosty" Hanshaw [ID 14373]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jun 27 1899, Douds, Van Buren County, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
In Sep 1918 Forrest Hanshaw, age 19, registered for the World War I draft in Keosauqua, Van Buren County, Iowa. He declared he was born June 27 1899, and was then residing in Douds, Van Buren County, Iowa where he was farming, employed by his father, Grant Hanshaw. He declared his nearest relative was his father, Grant Hanshaw. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, gray eyes, light brown hair.5
He married Bessie M. Smith, May 20 1922, Leando, Van Buren County, Iowa.1,2,8 Bessie, daughter of Dellazon Smith & Ruth A. Hewitt, was born Jan 24 1904, Iowa.1,2,7,8
Forrest and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 17 1930), Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa:2
Hanshaw, Forrest, head-of-household, age 30, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 22; owned home ($3000 value); no radio in home; occupation: farmer; not a veteran.
Hanshaw, Bessie M., wife, age 26, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 18.
Hanshaw, Lavon I.Living next door in 1930 were Forrest's parents and sisters.9
, daughter, age 4 years ? months [unclear], born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa.
In 196910 and again 1982-19887 Forrest was living in/near Douds, Van Buren County, Iowa.
Bessie died Dec - 1982.7,8
Forrest H. "Frosty" Hanshaw died Feb 15 1988, Keosaqua, Van Buren County, Iowa.1,7
Social Security information for Forrest H. "Frosty" Hanshaw: 481-46-0355
Social Security information for Bessie M. Smith: 481-46-0451
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jackie L. Wolfe.
- 1930 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T626-685, ED 24, page 9B, line #94, dwelling #236, family #238.
- 1900 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; ED 104, page 162A, line #28, dwelling #183, family #183.
- 1910 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T624-425, ED 117, page 193B, line #92, dwelling #328, family #328.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T625-516, ED 121, page 5A, line #12, dwelling #106, family #107.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Ronald Watson ().
- 1930 census, Village Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T626-685, ED 24, page 9B, line #97, dwelling #237, family #239.
- Obituary of Alma Ethel Hanshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]