1. William Henshaw (c1799-1870) m Mary Ann - (c1802-1880)
2.. Thomas C. Henshaw (c1825-1874) m Amelia L. Underener (c1828-1891)
3... Alfred Thomas Henshaw (c1862-1943)
+Mary Gertrude Little (c1861-1881)
4.... Harry Forrest Henshaw (1879-1964) 1,2
+Killie Dowd (c1870-<1943)
4.... Helen B. Henshaw (c1887-?) 3
Alfred Thomas Henshaw [ID 14550]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Alfred Thomas Henshaw1 [Albert Henshaw2, Thomas A. Henshaw3,4,5].
Born about 1862, Albany, Albany County, New York.3,4 (c1860).1,2,6
He married Mary Gertrude Little1 [Gertie Little2], about 18781. Mary was born about 1861, New York.2
Alfred and Mary were both 18 years old when they were married. Son Harry was born when they were 19.1
Alfred/Albert and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 5 1880), 26 East Van Buren Street, Chicago, Illinois:2
Henshaw, Albert, age 20, born in New York; parents born in New York; occupation: bottler of soda.
Henshaw, Gertie, wife, age 19, born in New York; parents born in New York; house keeper.
, son, age 7 months, born Nov  in Illinois; parents born in New York.
Mary died Feb 3 1881, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; age 21.7 Mary died in childbirth.1
After Mary died son Harry was raised by either Alfred's mother or Mary's mother.1
He then married Killie Dowd3 [Cath Dowd3], Oct 13 18863, Rochester, Monroe County, New York3. Killie, daughter of George Dowd & Allen Burgess, was born about 1870, Rochester, Monroe County, New York.3
This was Tom's (Albert's/Alfred's) second marriage; Killie's first marriage.3
Alfred was involved in Vaudeville.1
Killie died before Jul 2 1943.5
Alfred Thomas Henshaw died Jul 2 1943, at his home, 25 Cortes Street, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts; age 81y 8m 14d.5
- Posting Oct 31 2004 by Laura (Henshaw) Patterson to HINSHAW-L.
- 1880 census, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T9-0184, ED 5, page 102C, line #4, dwelling #101, family #149.
- City of Rochester Archives and Records Center, Historic Marriage Records Research Site:
- 1875 New York state census, Eastern E.D., 6th Ward, Albany, Albany County, New York; sheet #31, line #25, household #166, family #224.
- Menands, New York, Albany Rural Cemetery Burial Cards, 1791-2011; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1870 census, 10th Ward, Albany, Albany County, New York; roll M593-900, page 116, line #24, dwelling #1422, family #1912.
- State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, Pre-1916:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]