1. Henry R. Henshaw (c1834-1909) m Anna B. Percival (c1836-<1900)
2.. Joseph Allen Henshaw (1855-?)
+Cornelia Augusta Grable (1858-?)
3... Oda May Henshaw (1880-1959) 1,2,3
Joseph Allen Henshaw [ID 14671]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Joseph Allen Henshaw1,4,5 [Allen Henshaw6,7].
Born May 14 1855, Clay County, Missouri.4,5,6,7,8,9,10
He married Cornelia Augusta Grable, Dec 23 1879.1,4 Cornelia, daughter of Joel Grable & Sarah Delilah Seal, was born Dec 23 1858, Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri.1,2,8,11,12,13 (Clay County, Missouri).4
Joseph and Cornelia were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 7 1880), Arnoldsville, Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri:8
Henshaw, Joseph, age 25, born in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in Indiana; clerk in store.
Henshaw, Cornelia A., wife, age 21, born in Missouri; parents born in Pennsylvania; keeping house.
On Mar 23 1881, Joseph & his father-in-law, Joel Grable, formed a partnership in general merchandise under the name of "Grable & Henshaw".4
Joseph and Cornelia were apparently divorced. Cornelia remarried c1898 to a Dugan Pierce.2 Cornelia and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 7-8 1900), Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri:2
Pierce, Dugan, head-of-household, age 51, born Aug 1848 in Missouri; parents born in North Carolina; married 2 years; occupation: farmer; cannot write; owned farm (free).
Pierce, Cornelia, wife, age 41, born Dec 1858 in Missouri; father born in Ohio; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 2 years; 1 child, 1 living.
, step-daughter, age 19, born Oct 1880 in Missouri; parents born in Missouri.
Grable, Delila, mother-in-law, age 72, born Nov 1827 in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; widow; 3 children, 2 living.
Joseph was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1 1900), working in the household of a C.M. Rustin in Austin, Travis County, Texas:9
Henshaw, J.A., servant, age 45, born May 1855 in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: teamster.
Joseph was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 19 1910), living alone in Parker County, Texas:5
Henshaw, Joe A., head-of-household, age 54, born in Missouri; father born in Missouri; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: dairyman, dairy farm; rented home.
Joseph was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 1920), staying in a boarding house in Austin, Travis County, Texas:10
Jackson, William, head-of-household, age 74, born in Ireland; parents born in Ireland; occupation: merchant, groceries.
Jackson, Margie, wife, age 70, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Jackson, Gladys C., daughter, age 28, born in Texas; father born in Ireland; mother born in Tennessee; single; occupation: stenographer.
Henshaw, Joseph A., boarder, age 64, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; single; occupation: clerk, grocery.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Becky Teubner ().
- 1900 census, Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri; roll T623-841, ED 33, page 4A, line #34, dwelling #70, family #74.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by William Crouch ().
- Biographical sketch of Joel Grable, Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri;
from "History of Buchanan County, Missouri", 1881; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1910 census, Justice Precinct 7, Parker County, Texas; roll T624-1584, ED 84, page 279A, line #5, dwelling #24, family #24.
- 1860 census, Shoul Township, Clinton County, Missouri; page 136, line #10, dwelling #23, family #23.
- 1870 census, Crawford Township, Buchanan County, Missouri; page 317A, line #1, dwelling #59, family #65.
- 1880 census, Arnoldsville, Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri; roll T9-675, ED 78, page 493C, line #15, dwelling #4, family #4.
- 1900 census, Justice Precinct 6, 11th Ward, Austin, Travis County, Texas; roll T623-1673, ED 103, page 1B, line #78, dwelling #17, family #17.
- 1920 census, Austin, Travis County, Texas; roll T625-1852, ED 94, page 9A, line #4, dwelling #187, family #191.
- 1860 census, Platte River P.O., Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri; roll M653-609, page 149, line #38, dwelling #999, family #999.
- 1870 census, Eveline P.O., Jackson Township, Buchanan County, Missouri; roll M593-761, page 340, line #26, dwelling #95, family #100.
- 1910 census, Polk Township, Ray County, Missouri; roll T624-806, Ed 139, page 7B, line #86, dwelling #147, family #148.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]