1. Newton Hinshaw (c1833-1867) m Hannah Jane Fears (c1832-?)
2.. Madison Hinshaw (1852-1925) m Mary Jane Austill (1851-?)
3... William Thurman Hinshaw (1873-1938) m Ruth Marcellus Robertson (1874-1945)
4.... Louis S. Hinshaw (1908-1989)
+Vera Dean Gifford (1910-1993)
5..... Dorothy R. Hinshaw (1931-) 1,2,3
5..... Martha Hinshaw (c1934-) 1,2
Louis S. Hinshaw [ID 15208]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Louis S. Hinshaw4 [Louie S. Hinshaw5,6,7, Louis Henshaw8, Larrie S. Hinshaw9, Larry Hinshaw10].
Born Oct 20 1908, Kentucky.1,5,7,9 (Texas).10
He married Vera Dean Gifford, Nov 17 1929, Jackson County, Alabama.1,6,7 Vera was born 1910, Alabama.1,6
Louie and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 23 1940), 14017 Atlantic, Riverdale, Cook County, Illinois:1
Henshaw, Louie, head-of-household, age 31, born in Kentucky; completed 1 year of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; owned home ($800 value); occupation: feed mixer, feed mill; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1,400 wages in 1939.
Henshaw, Vera, wife, age 30, born in Alabama; completed 1 year of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.
, daughter, age 8, born in Illinois; completed 2nd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; attended school.
, daughter, age 6, born in Illinois; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; attended school.
The following article was published in the Riverdale "Pointer" (Riverdale, Cook County, Illinois) on July 20, 1944:11
Sgt. Innes Hinshaw, who arrived at the home of his brother, L. S. Hinshaw in Riverdale, July 9, on furlough, left Tuesday to return to Pueblo, Colo.
The following article was published in the Riverdale "Pointer" (Riverdale, Cook County, Illinois) on September 14, 1944:4
Mr. and Mrs. Louis Hinshaw, formerly of 14017 Atlantic street, Riverdale, have moved to Melrose Park. The Victor Williams are occupying the home they vacated.
In 1989 Louie was living in/near Bloomington, Monroe County, Indiana.5
Louis S. Hinshaw died Jan 20 1989, age 80.5,6,7
Louie's obituary was published in the "Bloomington Herald-Telephone" (Bloomington, Indiana) on January 21, 1989.12
Vera died 1993, age 88.6
Vera's obituary was published in the "Bloomington Herald-Times" (Bloomington, Indiana) on April 14-15, 1998.12 Note that Vera's gravestone is inscribed with a 1993 death year, so presumably the obituary dates were actually April 14-15 1993.
Photo: Louie S. Hinshaw & Vera Dean Gifford gravestone Newark Cemetery
Social Security information for Louis S. Hinshaw: 326-01-9786
- 1940 census, Riverdale, Thornton Township, Cook County, Illinois; roll T627-775, ED 16-491, page 22B, line #74, household #480.
- "The Daily Herald", Jul 18 1952; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "The Daily Herald", Sep 1 1955; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "The Pointer", Sep 14 1944; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Seborn Jones" posted by "MiLasater".
- Obituary of William Ennis Henshaw.
- 1910 census, Collins Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 37, page 52B, line #88, dwelling #50, family #50.
- 1920 census, Precinct 4, Rains County, Texas; roll T625-1840, ED 153, page 15B, line #61, dwelling #292, family #294.
- "The Pointer", Jul 20 1944; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Monroe County Public Library (Monroe County, Indiana) obituary database:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]