1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Smith Hancher (c1798-1865) m Mary Steward (?-1842)
5..... Rev. John Wesley Hanshaw (1831-1907) m Elizabeth A. Sims (1843-1913)
6...... George Ambrose Hanshaw (1878-1952)
+Elma Marsell (c1884-?)
7....... Crystal C. Hanshaw (1911-1989) 1,2
7....... Darrell A. Hanshaw (1919-1990) 1,2
George Ambrose Hanshaw [ID 15399]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Mar 15 18783 [Mar - 18774,5,6,7], Taylor County, Iowa3.
He married Elma Marsell3 [Alma Edith Marsell2,7], Jun 20 19093. Elma, daughter of Joseph Marsell, was born about 1884, Iowa.1,7,8
George and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 23 1910), Broadway [street], New Market, Dallas Township, Taylor County, Iowa:7
Hanshaw, George A., head-of-household, age 32, born in Iowa; parents born in Ohio; second marriage, married 10 months; [..occupation unclear..].
Hanshaw, Elma E., wife, age 26, born in Iowa; [..parents' birthplaces unclear..]; first marriage, married 10 months; no children.
Hanshaw, Elizabeth A.
, mother, age 66, born in Ohio; parents born in Pennsylvania; widow; 8 children, 5 living.
George and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 27 1920), New Market, Dallas Township, Taylor County, Iowa:1
Hanshaw, George A., head-of-household, age 41, born in Iowa; parents born in Ohio; owned home; occupation: merchant, general store.
Hanshaw, Alma Edith, wife, age 36, born in Iowa; father born in Vermont; mother born in Iowa.
George and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11-12 1930), 911 Main Street, Sac City, Sac County, Iowa:2
Hanshaw, George A., head-of-household, age 45, born in Iowa; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 25; owned home ($5000 value); radio in home; occupation: physician, chiropractor.
Hanshaw, Elma E., wife, age 40, born in Iowa; father born in Vermont; mother born in Iowa; first married at age 20.
, son, age 10, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
, daughter, age 18, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 18.
Carlton, Leda, roomer, age 40, born in Iowa; father born in Wisconsin; mother born in Iowa; single; occupation: retoucher, photograph [..unclear..].
Nelson, Lucile, roomer, age 26, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; single; occupation: teacher, public school.
George Ambrose Hanshaw died Jul 18 1952.3
- 1920 census, New Market, Dallas Township, Taylor County, Iowa; roll T625-514, ED 140, page 1A, line #45, dwelling #16, family #16.
- 1930 census, Sac City, Jackson Township, Sac County, Iowa; roll T626-680, ED 14, page 17B, line #64, dwelling #451, family #480.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jackie L. Wolfe.
- 1880 census, Mason Township, Taylor County, Iowa; roll T9-0366, ED 216, page 99D-100A, line #45, dwelling #192, family #200.
- 1885 Iowa State census, Benton Township, Taylor County, Iowa; page 90, line #13, dwelling #47, family #47; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Dallas Township, Taylor County, Iowa; ED 117, page 60A, line #30, dwelling #317, family #328.
- 1910 census, New Market, Dallas Township, Taylor County, Iowa; roll T624-425, ED 130, page 47A, line #10, dwelling #116, family #118.
- Obituary of J.B. Marsell; USGenWeb Archives: http://iagenweb.org/page/obituaries/shum2.htm.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:59 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]