1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (c1749-1825) m Hannah Seasfield (c1745-1835)
8........ Thomas Hinshaw (1775-1824) m Lucy Clanton (1773-1859)
9......... Benjamin J. Hinshaw (1795-1860) m Ruth Carter (1792-1882)
10.......... Hugh Baker Hinshaw (1834-1914) m Theressa Flomerfelt (1833-1914)
11........... Arthur Grant Hinshaw (1873-?) m Mary Fredericks (1871-?)
12............ Harold Arthur Hinshaw (1896-1976)
+Selma Amelia Morris (1895-1963)
13............. Nellie M. Hinshaw (c1918-) 1
13............. Arthur LeRoy Hinshaw (1919-1976) 1,2
Harold Arthur Hinshaw [ID 15437]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Harold Arthur Hinshaw2,3,4,5 [Harry A. Hinshaw6,7].
Born Mar 1 1896, Sebastapol, Sonoma County, California.1,3,4,5,6,7,8
On Jun 5 1917 Harold Arthur Henshaw (signed Hinshaw), age 21, registered for the World War I draft in San Francisco, California. He declared he was born Mch 1 1896 in Sebastapol, California, and was then residing in Tracy, California, single, occupied as a machinist helper with the S.P. Co. of San Francisco. He was recorded as tall, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair.3
He married Selma Amelia Morris, about 1918.1,2 Selma was born Dec 4 1895, California.1,6,7
In 1926 Harold was with the Pacific Gas and Electric Company at San Rafael, California.9
Selma and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), 456 Napa Street, Sausalito, Marin County, California:1
Hinshaw, Selma A., head-of-household, age 33, born in California; father born in Iowa; mother born in Germany; married, first married at age 21; rented home ($25 rent); radio in home; occupation: operator, telephone.
Harry and Selma were shown in the 1936 city directory of Pasadena, California:10
Hinshaw Harold A (Selma A) h4436 Union
Harry and Selma were shown in the 1940 census (May 1 1940), U.S. Forestry Construction Camp at Chilas, Angeles Crest Highway, Monrovia, Los Angeles County, California:6
Hinshaw, Harry, head-of-household, age 44, born in California; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Junction City, Trinity County, California; owned home ($1100 value); occupation: chief guard, state prison camp; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $2100 wages in 1939.
Hinshaw, Selma, wife, age 44, born in California; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Junction City, Trinity County, California.
Selma died Sep 14 1963, Mendocino County, California.7,8,11
Selma's obituary was published in the "Mendocino Beacon" (Mendocino County, California) on Sep 20 1963.12
Harold Arthur Hinshaw died Aug 26 1976, Sonoma County, California.7
Social Security information for Harold Arthur Hinshaw: 566-66-1896
- 1930 census, Sausalito, Marin County, California; roll T626-177, ED 39, page 1A, line #16, dwelling #6, family #6.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - California.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Analy Township, Sonoma County, California; roll T623-114, ED 156, page 3B, line #88, dwelling #74, family #75.
- 1910 census, Analy Township, Sonoma County, California; roll T624-109, ED 137, page 56B, line #61, dwelling #51, family #52.
- 1940 census, Monrovia, Los Angeles County, California; roll T627-237, ED 19-394, page 1A, line #26, household #7.
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Marriage announcement for Leroy F. Hinshaw.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Mendocino County Death Index 1940-1997":
- Mendocino County obituaries:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]