1. Elias Hinshaw (c1786-c1840) m Sarah Williams (1789-?)
2.. Isaac G. Hinshaw (1813-1873) m Melissa Buell (1831-1923)
3... Zimri Hinshaw (1851-1918) m Mahala Elizabeth Syron (1858-1940)
4.... William Ray Hinshaw (1875-1948) m Esther J. Swan (1893-1974)
5..... Marybelle Eilene Hinshaw (1924-1977)
+Leland Robert Gridley (1919-)
+Leland Robert Gridley (?-1989)
Marybelle Eilene Hinshaw [ID 15510]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Marybelle Eilene Hinshaw1,2 [Mary Adelia Hinshaw3,4,5,6].
Born Sep 3 19242,3,4,5,7 [Sep 3 19256,8,9], Eaglerock, Los Angeles County, California2,3,4,5,7.
She married Leland Robert Gridley.7 Leland, son of Albert Leroy Gridley & Caroline Durfee, was born Jan 12 1919, Hagerman, Gooding County, Idaho.5,7,10,11
(stillborn) Gridley, born and died Jul 20 1939, Elmore County, Idaho.
Mary and Leland were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 29 1940), living with her parents in Mountain Home Village, Elmore County, Idaho:7
Gridley, Leland F., son-in-law, age 21, born in Idaho; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/area; occupation: deliveryman, retail feed store; worked 10 weeks in 1939; $150 wages in 1939.
Gridley, Marybelle, daughter, age 15, born in California; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Elmore County, Idaho.
Mary and Leland were shown in the 1945 city directory of Chico, California:14
Gridley Leland R (Mary) USA r1562 Lincoln
On Nov 2 1945 Leland R. Gridley, born 1919 in Idaho, enlisted as a Private First Class in the U.S. Army. He declared he was married, had 2 years of high school, and was occupied as a meat cutter.15 He served from Nov 2 1945 to Jan 11 1947, and again from Dec 5 1947 to Jul 31 1965.10
It appears that Mary and Leland divorced.
She then married - Moss.13
She then married - Callahan.5
She then married Leland Robert Gridley, Sep 20 1976, Clark County, Nevada.16
Marybelle Eilene Hinshaw died Dec 21 1977, Los Angeles County, California; age 52.5,6,8,9,17
Leland died May 4 1989, buried Hagerman Cemetery, Hagerman, Gooding County, Idaho.5,10,11,17
Social Security information for Marybelle Eilene Hinshaw: 518-22-8173
Social Security information for Leland Robert Gridley: 533-14-1289
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Donna Raye Thurman ().
- 1930 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-132, ED 1, page 12A, line #20, dwelling #237, family #274.
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Mountain Home, Elmore County, Idaho; roll T627-745, ED 20-13, page 6A, line #31, household #121.
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Idaho, Birth Index, 1861-1914, Stillbirth Index, 1905-1964; http://www.ancestry.com.
- William Ray Hinshaw obituary.
- U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Nevada, Marriage Index, 1956-2005; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:59 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]