1. William Henshaw (c1817-<1900) m Rosette - (c1817-?)
2.. Judson William Henshaw (1839-1926) m Lucy A. Dawley (1843-1916)
3... Frederick Henshaw (1866-1935) m Etta Walkup (1870-1936)
4.... Fred Merritt Henshaw (1895-1988) m Helen Florence Duck (1900-1985)
5..... James Lynn Henshaw (1923-2010)
+Margaret "Peg" Sisson
6...... Lynn Henshaw (1947-) 1
6...... Margaret Leigh Henshaw (1949-) 1,2,3
6...... Lisabeth J. "Liz" Henshaw (1953-) 1
James Lynn Henshaw [ID 15622]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born May 11 1923, Los Angeles County, California.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
On Jul 1 1941 James L. Henshaw, born 1923 in California, enlisted at Fort Winfield Scott, California as a private in the U.S. Army, Coast Artillery Corps. He declared he had four years of high school, was single, without dependents, and employed as an actor, director or entertainer. He was recorded as 69" tall, 142 lbs.9
James Lynn Henshaw graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point in the class of 1945 (ranked 312 of 852). He was appointed to West Point from the state of Oregon. Assigned to Field Artillery, Corps of Engineers. Retired in 1966 with the rank of Lt. Colonel.4,5 M.S.E., University of California, 1950.4
He married Margaret "Peg" Sisson, 1945.1
James Lynn Henshaw died Dec 19 2010.6
Social Security information for James Lynn Henshaw: 543-18-1018
- Contribution from Jim Greaves.
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Register of Graduates and Former Cadets of the United States Military Academy"; Association of Graduates, USMA; 1970.
- "Biographical Register of the Officers and Graduates of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York", Supplement, Vol. IX, 1940-1950; George W. Cullum.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon; roll T626-1952, ED 361, page 1A, line #45, dwelling #14, family #14.
- 1940 census, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon; roll T627-3389, ED 37-257, page 4B, line #66, household #94.
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]