1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ Benjamin Hinshaw (1803-1840) m Mary E. Larrence (1800-1851)
9......... Nathan Hinshaw (1839-1919) m Lydia M. Thomas (1839-1903)
10.......... Barclay William Henshaw (1863-1950) m Flora Alice Newlin (1867-1947)
11........... Barclay Newlin Henshaw (1896-1989)
+Bessie E. Baldwin (1897-1983)
12............ Barclay John Henshaw (1920-1943) 1,2
12............ Phyllis Jean Henshaw (1921-1998) 1,2
Barclay Newlin Henshaw [ID 16039]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Barclay Newlin Henshaw2,3,4,5 [Barclay William Henshaw, Jr.6]
Called "Newt" or "Newlin".2
Born Sep 24 1896, Douglas County, Kansas.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
He married Bessie E. Baldwin, Sep 23 1918.2,3,8 Bessie, daughter of Nelson J. Baldwin & Mary Jane Willmott, was born Aug 2 1897, Madison, Lenawee County, Michigan.1,2,3,7,8,9
During World War I, Newt served as a sergeant in the U.S. Med. Det. at Hudson, Colorado.10
Newt and Bessie were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), 3521 40th Ave., Denver, Colorado:8
Henshaw, Barclay N., head-of-household, age 23, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; rented home; occupation: dealer, wholesale coal co.
Henshaw, Bessie E., wife, age 22, born in Michigan; father born in England; mother born in Kansas.
The following article was published in "The Tribune-Republican" (Greeley, Colorado) on Tuesday, August 3, 1920:11
Mr. and Mrs. Newt Henshaw of Denver spent Sunday at the home of Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Baldwin.
Newt and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), 3936 Newton Street, Denver, Colorado:1
Henshaw, Barclay N., head-of-household, age 33, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; first married at age 22; rented home ($30.00 rent); radio in home; occupation: salesman, building material; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Bessie E., wife, age 32, born in Michigan; father born in Michigan; mother born in England; first married at age 21.
Henshaw, Barclay J.
, son, age 10 [unclear], born in Colorado; father born in Kansas; mother born in Michigan; attended school.
Henshaw, Phyllis J.
[initial unclear], daughter, age 8, born in Colorado; father born in Kansas; mother born in Michigan; attended school.
Bessie died May - 1983, Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona.2,3,9
Barclay Newlin Henshaw died Dec 7 1989, Grants Pass, Josephine County, Oregon.2,3,4,9 Death certificate #89-23432.4
Photo: Barclay Newlin Henshaw
Social Security information for Barclay Newlin Henshaw: 521-05-5453
Social Security information for Bessie E. Baldwin: 523-58-0904
- 1930 census, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T626-232, ED 218, page 2A, line #47, dwelling #40, family #40.
- Contribution from Joan Henshaw.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Raymond L. Maris ().
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-98; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Precinct 4, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T623-118, ED 59, page 6B, line #63, dwelling #130, family #138.
- 1910 census, 8th Ward, Precinct 6, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T624-115, ED 99, page 101A, line #6, dwelling #2, family #2.
- Ancestry Family Tree, posted by Joan Elizabeth Henshaw; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T625-158, ED 12, page 2B, line #88, dwelling #46, family #47.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Colorado Soldiers in WWI, 1917-18; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Greeley Daily Tribune" (Greeley, Colorado), Aug 3 1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]