1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Smith Hancher (c1798-1865) m Mary Steward (?-1842)
5..... William Ross Hanshaw (1825-1894) m Mary Ann Jackson (1833-1893)
6...... Oscar Erskine Hanshaw (1865-1930) m Kate Criswell (1866-1957)
7....... Harry Erskine Hanshaw (1889-1970)
+Pearl E. Snell (1892-)
8........ Rhandal Erskine Hanshaw (1911-1939) 1,2,3
8........ Ellsworth Snell "Al" Hanshaw (1915-2003) 1,2,3
8........ Dwight A. Hanshaw (1918-2001) 1,2,3
8........ Norma Dee Hanshaw (1921-2006) 2,3
Harry Erskine Hanshaw [ID 16441]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 21 1889, Phillipsburg, Phillips County, Kansas.1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9
He married Pearl E. Snell, Dec 25 1910, Kansas.4,10 Pearl, daughter of Charley Adolph Snell & Steinun Thorstein, was born 1892, Kansas.1,2,10
On Jun 5 1917 Harry Erskine Hanshaw, age 27, registered for the World War I draft in Selden, Sheridan County, Kansas. He declared he was born September 21st 1889 in Phillipsburg, Kansas, and was then residing in Selden, Kansas, with a wife and two children; employed by J.A. Anderson of Selden as a "clerk - " [..unclear..] "rural carrier". He claimed an exemption due to "support family". He was recorded as tall, slender, dark blue eyes, light brown hair.9
Harry and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), Kansas Ave., Selden, Sheridan County, Kansas:1
Hanshaw, Harry, head-of-household, age 30, born in Kansas; parents born in Iowa; owned home (mortgaged); occupation: salesman, gen store.
Hanshaw, Pearl E., wife, age 28, born in Kansas; father born in Switzerland; mother born in Iceland.
Living next door in 1920 were Harry's parents and family.11
Harry and family were shown in the 1930 census, Freeman Avenue, Oakley, Logan County, Kansas:2
Hanshaw, Harry E., head-of-household, age 40, born in Kansas; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 21; rented home ($30 rent); radio in home; occupation: proprietor, retail grocery store; not a war veteran.
Hanshaw, Pearl E., wife, age 38, born in Kansas; father born in Switzerland; mother born in Iceland; first married at age 19.
Hanshaw, Dwight A.
, son, age 12, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; attended school..
, daughter, age 9, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; attended school..
Harry Erskine Hanshaw died Apr 13 1970, Fullerton, Orange County, California; age 80.4,5,6
Social Security information for Harry Erskine Hanshaw: 512-03-6693
- 1920 census, Selden, Sheridan County, Kansas; roll T625-551, ED 199, page 1A, line #24, dwelling #6, family #6.
- 1930 census, Oakley, Oakley Township, Logan County, Kansas; roll T626-708, ED 7, page 7B, line #76, dwelling #174, family #182.
- Obituary of Rhandal Erskine Hanshaw.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jackie L. Wolfe.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Almena, Almena Township, Norton County, Kansas; roll T623-493, ED 90, page 11A, line #5, dwelling #194, family #194.
- 1910 census, Selden, Sheridan County, Kansas; roll T624-454, ED 187, page 225A, line #1, dwelling #26, family #27.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Barbara & Jay's Family Trees" posted by "jayrogers39".
- 1920 census, Selden, Sheridan County, Kansas; roll T625-551, ED 199, page 1A, line #29, dwelling #7, family #7.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]