1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Smith Hancher (c1798-1865) m Mary Steward (?-1842)
5..... Vail D. Hanshaw (1835-1893) m Mary Jane Smith (1840-1916)
6...... Joseph Valentine Hanshaw (1860-1904) m Laura Rachel Bower (1862-1933)
7....... Fred Roland Hanshaw (1889-1967)
+Nancy DeMoss (c1893-)
8........ Helen Marie Hanshaw (c1917-) 1
Fred Roland Hanshaw [ID 16470]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Fred Roland Hanshaw2,3,4 [Freddie R. Hanshaw5, Rollin F. Hanshaw6].
Born Jun 3 1889, Girard, Crawford County, Kansas.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
He married Nancy DeMoss, Apr 15 1914.2 Nancy was born about 1893, Kansas.1
On Jun 5 1917 Fred Roland Hanshaw, age 28, registered for the World War I draft in Crawford County, Kansas. He declared he was born June 3 1889 in Girard, Kansas, and was then still residing on R.F.D. 1, Girard, Kansas, an (apparently self-employed) farmer with a dependent wife and one child. He was recorded as tall, slender, light brown eyes, dark brown hair.8
Fred and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 17-19 1920), Crawford Township, Crawford County, Kansas:9
Hanshaw, F,Rolland, head-of-household, age 30, born in Kansas; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hanshaw, Nancy, wife, age 27, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas.
Living next door in 1920 was the family of brother Reginald.1
Fred Roland Hanshaw died Dec 6 1967, Pittsburg, Crawford County, Kansas.2,3,4
Social Security information for Fred Roland Hanshaw: 509-54-3299
- 1920 census, Crawford Township, Crawford County, Kansas; roll T625-528, ED 84, page 4B, line #56, dwelling #83, family #83.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Lou Lauderbaugh ().
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Norton Family Tree" posted by "Snorton51".
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Crawford Township, Crawford County, Kansas; roll T623-476, ED 76, page 3A, line #10, dwelling #43, family #43.
- 1910 census, Crawford Township, Crawford County, Kansas; roll T624-436, ED 79, page 81B, line #54, dwelling #32, family #34.
- Kansas, Births and Christenings Index, 1885-1911; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Crawford Township, Crawford County, Kansas; roll T625-528, ED 84, page 4B, line #53, dwelling #82, family #82.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]