1. Albert G. Hinchey (c1798-?) m Sally Armstrong (c1805-1879)
2.. Pleasant J. Henshaw (1837-1921) m Mary C. Sharp (c1833-?)
3... William O. Henshaw (c1860-?) m Elizabeth "Bettie" - (1863-?)
4.... Nelson A. Henshaw (1893-1996)
+Lillie Margaret Hall (1895-1989)
5..... Ervin Allen Henshaw (1917-) 1,2
Nelson A. Henshaw [ID 16615]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Apr 13 1893, Louisa County,Virginia.1,3,4,5 (Apr - 1892).2,6
He married Lillie Margaret Hall7,8 [Lillian Margaret Hall2], May 11 19167,8. Lillie, daughter of Joseph Tinsley Hall & Ida Grant Stanley, was born Nov 12 1895, Bumpass, Louisa County, Virginia.1,2,5,7,8,9,10
On Jun 5  Nelson Henshaw, age 24, registered for the World War I draft in Louisa County, Virginia. He declared he was born in 1893 in Louisa County, Virginia, and was then residing in Bumpass, Louisa County, Virginia where he had a wife and child, and was employed as a "saw mill man". He claimed an exemption due to "wife + child to support". He was recorded as medium height, stout, gray eyes, brown hair.4
Nelson and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 3 1920), Flemmings Mill Road, Louisa County, Virginia:1
Henshaw, Nelson A., head-of-household, age 26, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; cannot read or write; owned home (free); occupation: laborer, lumber mill.
Henshaw, Lillian M., wife, age 24, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Henshaw, Ervin A.
, son, age 2 years 9 months, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Henshaw, Bert A.
, brother, age 24, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; cannot read or write; occupation: laborer, lumber mill.
Nelson and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 21 1930), Bumpass Road, Louisa County, Virginia:2
Henshaw, Nelson A., head-of-household, age 37, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first married at age 23; owned home ($750 value); no radio in home; occupation: section laborer, C&O Railway; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Lillian M., wife, age 34, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first married at age 20.
Henshaw, Irvin A.Also living nearby in 1930 was the family of brother Patrick.11
, son, age 13, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; attended school.
Lillie died Feb 16 1989, Louisa County, Virginia.5,7,8
In 1996 Nelson was still living in/near Bumpass, Louisa County, Virginia.5
Nelson A. Henshaw died Feb 25 1996.5
Social Security information for Nelson A. Henshaw: 719-03-3670
Social Security information for Lillie Margaret Hall: 223-20-1291
- 1920 census, Jackson District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T625-1894, ED 83, page 2A, line #46, dwelling #25, family #27.
- 1930 census, Jackson District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T626-2449, ED 5, page 9B, line #98, dwelling #214, family #214.
- 1900 census, Jackson Township, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T623-1716, ED 65, page 4B, line #55, dwelling #45, family #46.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Cheryl Holzbach ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- RoosWeb WorldConnect data by Deborah Stanley ().
- 1900 census, Namozine District, Dinwiddie County, Virginia; roll T623-1706, ED 23, page 3B, line #53, dwelling #51, family #51.
- 1910 census, Jackson District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T624-1634, ED 79, page 15A, line #20, dwelling #277, family #292.
- 1930 census, Jackson District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T626-2449, ED 5, page 9B, line #63, dwelling #204, family #204.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]