1. Albert G. Hinchey (c1798-?) m Sally Armstrong (c1805-1879)
2.. Pleasant J. Henshaw (1837-1921) m Mary C. Sharp (c1833-?)
3... Charles James Henshaw (1872-?) m Nannie Alice Siddons (1874-<1920)
4.... James Buchanan Henshaw (1898-)
+Willie - (c1903-)
5..... James Buchanan Henshaw, Jr. (c1921-) 1
5..... Charles B. Henshaw (c1922-) 1
5..... William L. Henshaw (c1925-) 1
5..... Willie U. Henshaw (1927-) 1
James Buchanan Henshaw [ID 16624]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
James Buchanan Henshaw1,2,3,4 [William Henshaw5].
Born Jan 6 1898, Virginia.2,4,5 (c1897).1,3
On Sep 12 1918 James Buchanan Henshaw, age 20, registered for the World War I draft in Louisa County, Virginia. He declared he was born Jan 6 1898, and was then residing in Buckner, [Louisa County,] Virginia where he was a laborer employed by C.J. Henshaw of Buckner. He declared his nearest relative was his father, C.J. Henshaw. He was recorded as medium height, slender, blue eyes, light hair, with a disability: "ruptured".2
He married Willie -, about 1919.1 Willie was born about 1903, Virginia.1,4
James and Willie were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 13 1920), living with James' widowed father and siblings in Louisa County, Virginia:4
Henshaw, James B, son, age 22, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married; occupation: laborer, lumber mill.
Henshaw, Willie, daughter-in-law, age 17, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married.
James and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 10-11 1930), Bumpass Road, Cuckoo District, Louisa County, Virginia:1
Henshaw, James B., head-of-household, age 32, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first married at age 21; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: laborer, saw mill; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Willie, wife, age 27, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; first married at age 16.
Henshaw, James Jr.
, son, age 9, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; attended school.
Henshaw, Willie U.
, daughter, age 2 years 9 months, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Sims, Bettie L., lodger, age 72, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; widow.
Living next door in 1930 was the family of Bert A. Henshaw.6
- 1930 census, Cuckoo District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T626-2449, ED 1, page 5B, line #88, dwelling #90, family #97.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Jackson District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T624-1634, ED 79, page 76B, line #81, dwelling #69, family #74.
- 1920 census, Jackson District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T625-1894, ED 83, page 7B, line #65, dwelling #129, family #132.
- 1900 census, Jackson Township, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T623-1716, ED 64, page 28B, line #66, dwelling #267, family #268.
- 1930 census, Cuckoo District, Louisa County, Virginia; roll T626-2449, ED 1, page 5B, line #95, dwelling #91, family #98.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]