1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?) 6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796) 7....... John Hinshaw (c1744-?) +Sarah Shaw
|John Hinshaw     [ID 00169]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born about 1744.3
Disowned by the Quakers for Revolution activity, so few records are known.1
On 4-6-1776 at Cane Creek MM, John Hinshaw (presumably this John) condemned his "going in company with the Regulators".2
Note that John's father Jacob bought land from Herman Husband, leader of the Regulators.    Herman Husband himself was disowned at the Cane Creek MM on 7-1-1764.2
He married Sarah Shaw.190
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
190. "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]