1. Andreas Hanshuh
2.. Conrad Hanshew (?-1806) m Eva Elizabeth Seitz (1740-?)
3... Andrew Hanshew (c1792-?) m Martha (Patsey) Wilson (c1793-?)
4.... Henry Hanshew (c1828-<1910) m Elizabeth Price (1824-1916)
5..... Andrew Hanshew (1846-1909) m Angelia Johnson (1857-1930)
6...... John Hanshaw (1887-1974) m Winnie Bell Lawson (1887-1970)
7....... John Arville Hanshaw (1910-1991)
+Gladys Brewer (1913-)
8........ Ernst Clayton Hanshaw (1930-1945) 1,2
+Lorene - (c1921-)
John Arville Hanshaw [ID 17110]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
John Arville Hanshaw1,3,4,5 [Arvil Hanshoe2,6, Orville Hanshaw7,8].
Born Dec 25 1910, Kentucky.3,5,6,7,8 (1911).9
He married Gladys Brewer1 [Gladys Bloomfield2]. Gladys, daughter of Fisher Brewer & Biddie Varney, was born 1913, Mingo, West Virginia.1
He then married Lorene -.8 Lorene was born about 1921, Kentucky.8
Arville and Lorene were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 16 1940), Green Bag Cement Hollow, Carter County, Kentucky:8
Hanshaw, Orville, head-of-household, age 29, born in Kentucky; completed 6th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place; rented farm ($2.00/month rent); occupation: driller, lime quarry; worked 38 weeks in 1939; $250 wages in 1939.
Hanshaw, Lorene, wife, age 19, born in Kentucky; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place.
Living next door in 1940 (or on the same farm) were Arville's parents and siblings.10
On May 18 1943 John A. Hanshaw, born 1911 in Kentucky, enlisted as a private in the U.S. military (no branch assigned) in Huntington, West Virginia. He declared he had a grammar school education and was separated, with dependents, a resident of Alaska. He was recorded as 53 inches tall, 60 lbs. His civil occupation was recorded as "Jackhammer Operator".9
John Arville Hanshaw died Aug 8 1991, Olive Hill, Carter County, Kentucky; age 80.3,4,5 (Rowan, Kentucky).4 Death certificate #21531.4 Also SSN: 400-09-74745 [two Social Security records, two Kentucky death records!]
Social Security information for John Arville Hanshaw: 405-22-4998
- Ancestry Family Tree data "BROWN" posted by "BarbaraTurner73".
- Kentucky, Death Records, 1852-1953; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Von Hanshaw.
- Kentucky Death Index, 1911-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1920 census, Upper Tygart District, Carter County, Kentucky; roll T625-565, ED 65, page 9B, line #73, dwelling #155, family #155.
- 1930 census, Upper Tygart District, Carter County, Kentucky; roll T626-739, ED 11, page 1A, line #26, dwelling #6, family #6.
- 1940 census, Upper Tygart District, Carter County, Kentucky; roll T627-1292, ED 22-13, page 9B, line #75, household #129.
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Upper Tygart District, Carter County, Kentucky; roll T627-1292, ED 22-13, page 9B, line #67, household #128.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]